What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Remove SafeTaxi

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
My RV-7A's new GTN650 came with a complimentary data update which included SafeTaxi. Now that the data cycle has passed, and I don't want to pay for the SafeTaxi update. Of course, now that I have updated the other nav, terrain, and obstacle databases, I'm left with an old database in the GTN.

Question: How do I remove SafeTaxi from the GTN and from the database list on my FlyGarmin account?

My RV-7A's new GTN650 came with a complimentary data update which included SafeTaxi. Now that the data cycle has passed, and I don't want to pay for the SafeTaxi update. Of course, now that I have updated the other nav, terrain, and obstacle databases, I'm left with an old database in the GTN.

Question: How do I remove SafeTaxi from the GTN and from the database list on my FlyGarmin account?

With all due respect, sounds like this is worth a call to Garmin tech support. I'm sure they can assist you easily.

Well I figured as such, but you never know when somebody in VAF knows an easy answer.

Back