What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carb heat muff

NYTOM

Well Known Member
Some research from the archives showed a lot of folks recommending the
EC100-020 SS heat muff from WICKS for a improved carb heat supply .
Sadly the gentleman who manufactured them in his one man shop has decided to retire. Can anyone recommend another muff that has worked for them?

On the contrary I have an adequate carb heat from Vans stock system. During my first Alaskan Expedition a smart man told me it would be enough. As soon as it works. I encountered not favorable hard water conditions several times and factory stock setup worked flawlessly when other systems were at edge. I did replace the door hinge for a rubber, reworked the door itself two times and changed couple clamps.

Robbinswings

I am thinking you are talking about Robbinswings.com
Which is who Vetterman exhaust uses or use to use.
I just tried to pull up their website and it is gone.
I had purchased several heat muffs from them, carb and cabin, great workmanship. I would contact Clint and vetterman and see who is supplying them now.

Carb Heat

....I thought our carb heat muff will be of interest to some, so here are a few pictures. This is one of the prototypes and most likely the design we are going to produce. They are all stainless steel, very durable and will last forever. They fits just under the two exhaust crossover pipes in the front of the engine. A very short run of scat tubing straight down to the carb air box is all that is required. This can also be easily removed for access and service. Anyone interested can just e-mail us, and when production units are available we will contact you. Thanks, Allan...:D
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cttANKzdaDTm49PvvATdBLPagdQMIUlk

Last edited:
....I thought our carb heat muff will be of interest to some, so here are a few pictures. This is one of the prototypes and most likely the design we are going to produce. They are all stainless steel, very durable and will last forever. They fits just under the two exhaust crossover pipes in the front of the engine. A very short run of scat tubing straight down to the carb air box is all that is required. This can also be easily removed for access and service. Anyone interested can just e-mail us, and when production units are available we will contact you. Thanks, Allan...:D

I can't get to the picture.

Does this show up for you?

vjvNDMgVr4sFmtYeUIc2XC5Vy47fVEwAcx0aLx4BORTPmZH4V0vS-gDUcIxoXpRfMfFKRPlAvx_sZQ=w1898-h966

No, it does not.

That's funny. At the time I posted it, it worked for me. Now coming back to this thread, I can no longer see it either. Google sucks for picture hosting!

But I can click on the original link that Allan posted and I can view the picture.

That doesn't work either. Google is asking me to log in. I have three different Google accounts and I'm too lazy to cycle through all three to fine it.

That doesn't work either. Google is asking me to log in. I have three different Google accounts and I'm too lazy to cycle through all three to fine it.

This is the image that I see at the above link.

Publication1.jpg

If you do not want to display that image here, let me know and I will delete my post or a moderator can delete it

Back