What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time Flys 2017 - An aviators video yearbook

Pittsartist

Well Known Member
Season's greetings everyone.

Here's my 2017 video diary (the 6th one ...... time truly does fly !)

A fairly ecclectic mix of aeroplanes, but there's more than a pinch of 'RV in there - not least of which my Friend Tom's brand new '7 (@ 3m 25sec) that made it's first flight a few days ago. CONGRATULATIONS Tom :)

Anyway, I do hope It will raise a smile for 3 1/2 minutes .... and here's to next year :D

http://vimeo.com/pittsartist/time-flys-2017

All the best, Richard.

Last edited:
UK video

Thanks so much for sharing Richard

I love the UK country side. It has been a boyhood dream of mine to fly over the white Cliffs of Dover in a Spitfire. It is now a priority on my bucket list. I guess I watched to many Twelve O Clock High episodes!

2017 ?.

.... That's so last year :)

Happy (and safe) New Year everyone !

Incidentally, Just bought my Ticket for Oshkosh 2018 - looking forward to it already !

Tailwheel

Did you notice your tailwheel turning at the end of the video?
When I was in phase 1 my brother routinely flew next to me and always said my tailwheel was turning. Albeit slowly.

Did you notice your tailwheel turning at the end of the video?
When I was in phase 1 my brother routinely flew next to me and always said my tailwheel was turning. Albeit slowly.

Yes - They always seem to do that. The RV tailwheel is the second one on the aeroplane both the stock vans one and the Lightweight one spin in every video I have of them. Same on my Pitts.

For what it's worth I think it's down to the airspeed differential close to the underside of the aircraft (slower) versus further out (faster) - All the video I have shows the wheels spinning in the same "normal" direction, but never at high rotation speeds strangely.

I'd love to see what happens with the main wheels - I could imagine them spinning quite fast due to the spats enclosing the top part of the wheel.

Back