Home > VansAirForceForums

- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-7/7A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Default Getting closer

Just hooked up the wiring and thanks to DR here my RV 7 made the front page, the panel is lit up and the radio is working great.

The seats are done, the engine is hung with sensors and fuel lines to install. The cowling is complete needing paint and the wheels and canopy are on and done.

Wings are half done awaiting final wiring

After that one finds all the parts from every nook and cranny in the garage and Presto we should be looking at first flight by Sept.

I work away from home so it takes awhile.!Apov9vtfo19vzSqx9qApgVx6r8fR

Dave Cobb
=VAF=2018 Donation - and a bit extra for great work!
Empennage RV 7 - Tipper
Wings complere

Fuse nearing completion, Canopy complete
AME reviewed and repaired O-320-Lyc installed
Old 03-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Default How to ship a project?

Hi, folks,

Iím moving my project from a storage unit in Virginia to my garage in California. Itís at roughly the Quickbuild stage. I installed a lot of stuff in the wings and fuselage, and have a few more boxes of parts, but it looks a lot like a QB kit with a completed empennage. The tools are already in California.

Any suggestions on how to get it safely across the country? Iíll rent a Uhaul as a last resort. And none of my cars are in Virginia...theyíre all in California already, so using them to tow is an upleasant option.

Thank you in advance,
Martin Gomez
Fairfax, VA
"My RV-7 is a composite airplane: it's made of aluminum, blood, sweat, and money"
RV-7 Slider QB
Old 03-13-2018, 08:04 AM
Default Trucking company

I used Partain Trucking for movement of mine. They are an advertiser here on VAF. I haven't used them in several years, but it is a least a place to start. Other folks may know of similar companies that will move aircraft components.
Scott Ahrens
RV-7 N818BG
Test flight in progress
Old 03-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Default First Flight!

First flight of RV-7A S/N 74594 temporary tail number N859DF from Mallard's Landing (GA04) this afternoon.

Flew about 45 minutes, ran engine hard, then performed clean and dirty 1G stalls and back for a landing.

CHT's with Bill Lane's excellent plenum were better than expected with a new engine. Oil temp rock steady at 180.

A few minor squawks but overall very satisfied with the performance of the airplane. Now on to the rest of Phase I...
Krea Ellis

Locust Grove, GA
DA20-A1 Katana "Princess Amelia"
RV-7A Phase 1 under way
RV-10 under construction