What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bar Ten Ranch in Grand Canyon

Thomas,
Diane and I flew to the GC in October last year. We looked very hard at the Bar Ten website but the activities just did not fit our mission timing. While I don't remember the details now, my memory says that one of the issues was that we were late in the season and some activities had already been curtailed in October. YMMV.

Good luck on your journey. We had a good time at the GC.
Grand Canyon airport GCN was fine despite some negative comments I have read here about not being GA friendly. I got none of that. The Park Service runs a shuttle from GCN to the El Tovar for 10 bucks each way. Call them from the FBO.

Bar 10 is on my to-do list. My friend, Chris Crawford, does a lot of off road adventure rides for dual sport motorcycles. See http://www.crawdadoffroadevents.com/

He has an event staged at Bar 10 for the first weekend in October. That is probably prime season there for riding weather. He has done many of these in the past, so look for the writeup's.

Let me know if you want company some weekend with other RV'ers and I'll fly out from San Diego with the Mrs. for some R&R.

Go when you can get one of the wagons, instead of the lodge, (except in hot weather). The wagons are private but no heat or A/C. The lodge has a few private rooms but is mostly "open" community bunk bed style and can be a little crazy when uninhibited euros are around. There's a very small window between the start of the river runner season and the end. The river runner season has better activities, but off season is more peaceful, better weather, and more likely to get a wagon.

Back