What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thank you Advanced Flight Systems

flysrv10

Well Known Member
Fantastic tech support at AFS. Rob Hickman will not let go; he will find the issue/fix, even if it means calling and emailing on Thanksgiving day! Thank you!

I second that emotion. Just called AFS with a simple question and Rob comes on the phone to answer. Doesn?t get any better than that.
Thank you AFS

They were great with me. Years ago, I bought an AFS "Sport" AoA system from ACS and they sent me the model without the "Landing Gear" warning. I didn't figure that out until after it was installed and I was flying. :mad: After talking with AFS, they sent me the correct unit and the connector pin I needed to connect to the gear switch. With the new unit installed and working, I just sent them back the old one. Customer service doesn't get any better than that! Aircraft Spruce, however, still doesn't offer the option for fixed gear vs. retractable gear aircraft. Sad...

Rob Hickman, his wife and sons are high quality people. They will go to great lengths to sort out troubleshooting issues on my RV10 until problem solved even when issues involve vendors he had nothing to do with. You will be well served by Rob and AFS.

AFS avionics

Before you make any decision to purchase avionics, you should talk with Rob Hickman.

Sticking with AFS

I have had AFS in my RV7A and RV8A and plan it for the S-21 underway now. Of course, most all of us like the system we have the most. But, in this competitive industry with lots of attentive customer service, AFS/Rob Hickman stands out in terms of consistently performing products and rapid (I could all it express) customer service -- including generous accommodations for upgrades. I am grateful to Rob for rapid clarifications during my installs, he's saved a lot of frustrating days.

Anyone considering a new system would be wise to compare screen displays of AFS against all others -- the clarity, detail, and information can't be beat. And the touch and knob redundancy is great. Dynon was smart to pick them up for the technology they developed, and AFS remains the premier products in the Dynon family.

Message returned on a weekend

Inm not at all surprised. Rob and everyone at AFS have been outstanding in every regard since I've been a customer. I sent Shawn an email with a question on Saturday expecting an answer sometime during the work week. I woke up Sunday morning to find that he had answered my email on Saturday night. I have never had that kind of response from any business of any kind.

If my wife agrees to another build AFS will be in my panel and it won't require second thought. I love dealing with the people at this company. Rob and Jenny have either taught them all very well or have been remarkably successful in selecting great people to work with, perhaps a little of both.

Colin Noseworthy

Back