What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Memphis area

rwarre

Well Known Member
Planning a stop around Memphis on the way from Colorado to Sun n Fun. Would like info on any FBO's or airports that are RV friendly. I will be spending about a half day in Memphis, and since I have never been there, would like to know some good food places and maybe some local jazz.

Well, Beale Street has the music, although this town is known more for blues, such as found at B.B. Kings. The Rendezvous is famous for ribs and barbeque, although locals have their favorites such as Central BBQ (on Central Ave.) or The Bar-B-Q Shop on Madison. Otherwise there are lots of great restaurants downtown on South Main and in midtown in the Cooper-Young district. These are all easy to find and close to Dewitt Spain airport. Welcome to Memphis.:)

Dewitt Spain

Dewitt Spain for sure. They will get a rental car for you and help with a hotel if you want. I was in there a couple years ago with my 6A and ya just get excited being in the pattern. Like landing in town and so much to see.

Cheers

Since I'm based there, I will put in a plug for 2M8, Charles Baker Airport. If you are just stopping through for gas and not spending the night, Baker has the same fuel price as Dewitt, is experimental friendly and on the north side of the class B airspace. If you are going to R.O.N. then Dewitt is the way to go due to its proximity to downtown.

Back