What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Starter Ring for O320 - E2D Wanted

terrykohler

Well Known Member
Friend in the hangar behind me is building an Akrosport and is looking for a starter ring. Not sure if it takes a 10/12 or 12/14. Can anyone tell me? Anyone got one for sale? How much?
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Friend in the hangar behind me is building an Akrosport and is looking for a starter ring. Not sure if it takes a 10/12 or 12/14. Can anyone tell me? Anyone got one for sale? How much?
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

I think these are only $60 and available everywhere. However, there are three of four different styles, so do some research. Most rings have a part number stamped on them and if not, you should be able to figure out the correct ring part # based upon the flywheel part number. Be advised that the widths are different and there could be issues in swapping. skytech has a good article in their FAQs that discuss the differences.

Lycoming didn't seem to have a lot of consistency in which configuration was used. I believe you can use any flywheel on any engine, as long as the starter is matched to it, though I am not positive of this.

Larry

Last edited:
Back