What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bart LaLonde Big Day....Titan CW371 starts flight testing...

Relentless

Well Known Member
Every since I met Bart years ago he has been telling me about an engine he has wanted to build and this past week he finally saw it fly. This is a very special engine for Titan, this counter-weighted 371 engine started years ago when Bart tried to get ECi to build what he thought would be the smoothest little torque monster that could fit into a standard 360 case. Originally, about ten 375cu in non-counter-weighted engines were built for Bart. But after a few "issues" it was decided to reduce the stroke a bit to 371cu in to reduce vibrations that where eating a few props. Aerosport kept selling the 371 as a 375 for marketing purposes but Bart knew the only way to get the smoothness and potential horsepower out of the 371 was to counter-weight the crank.

Well here it is:
2myn9fd.jpg

MT verified what I knew the moment I started the engine this past week on our RV8. It is smooth....... Now Bart will return the engine to the shop for what he calls "massaging" to get the most out of this monster. Titan will build two of these for testing and we are now be accepting deposits for the new XIO-CW371 engines that we expect to be available around October 2014.....

If you already have a sweet little 360, don't despair, Bart will upgrade your engine to a 371 and send if back ready to rock....:D Sue is standing by to take your reserve order.

Back