What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bendix King AV8OR handheld GPS

Private airports for AV8OR HH and ACE

Thought I would give this a bump as it has been a while and there were only a few folks initially interested.

If anyone is interested, I have created files of private airports using FAA 5010 data. Please feel free to use for your AV8OR units.

http://the-blue-tree.com/AV8OR/Main1.htm

These will be updated per the FAA cycle so if you want me to notify you when the data is posted, PM me and I will include you on the distribution list.

Thanks for doing this Scrabo,

Question: which directory (folder) do I move the renamed 'Route.txt' file into?
I've tried several without success.

Private airports for AV8OR HH and ACE

Thought I would give this a bump as it has been a while and there were only a few folks initially interested.

If anyone is interested, I have created files of private airports using FAA 5010 data. Please feel free to use for your AV8OR units.

http://the-blue-tree.com/AV8OR/Main1.htm

These will be updated per the FAA cycle so if you want me to notify you when the data is posted, PM me and I will include you on the distribution list.

Data valid from 2/6/14.

BK AV8OR serial port connection

After 6 years of struggling with the serial port connection on the AV8OR (even with proper lead), I have finally figured it out.
Actually, I think someone mentioned this fix before on this forum, but there was not enough detail to understand the exact procedure.

The AV8OR will loose its serial connection settings every time the unit is turned off and has to be reset every time it is turned on. This still occurs with the latest firm/software and a late unit build date (my first two were returned under warranty).

Here's the button-by-button procedure.
Boot up AV8OR in Go-fly mode with the map screen showing. Then press in turn:

MAIN MENU
SETTINGS
DEVICE SETUP (NB not NMEA OUTPUT SETUP)
RESET VALUES
SAVE & EXIT

This turns off any indication of NMEA output and resets the serial port to WEATHER, which now has to be changed back to NMEA. So go back in and press in turn:
WEATHER and set port to NONE
NMEA and set the port to SERIAL
SAVE & EXIT
It then takes half to one minute to think about it and show an output that can be detected by autopilot/other listeners wired in.

Repeat every time the power is interrupted or the unit turned off/on.

Duncan.

Back