What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air filter / snorkel

Wenjosa

I'm New Here
I am having difficulty fitting the supplied air filter, part 33-2060, to Part 2 baffle. I am building an RV8 and have fitted an Superior XP IO360 with a forward facing induction. After fitting the cowl and cutting the baffles to fit the cowl the baffle is now too short to fit the filter. I have also tried a test fit of the snorkel and found that it is between 1" to 2" too wide it will have to be modified. Can a different size air filter be used? Maybe a conical or oval filter or can the supplied filter be built further down the into the snorkel.
Any suggestion would be helpful.

Last edited:
Hi

I had much the same problem with mine, and wound up doing a bunch of surgery on the snorkel itself. I dont know how much you have had to hack off of your baffles to make them fit in cowl, but I only have 1/2" of baffle material on the front edge of the forward ramp and it works fine.

http://rv8bldr.tripod.com/the_engine.html

Have a look at this page (you'll have to scroll down about 3/4 of the wayto see the snorkel fitting)

Cheers

Description available

G'day,
I had the same problem and found a solution, then found another builder also did, so I sent him a long e-mail with description and photos.
If you would like me to forward the e-mail, let me know.
[email protected]

cheers,
Pete.

Back