What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pics of Glass Panels or Dynon Skyview(s) in RV-4?

Master Designs

Well Known Member
I've heard of at least (1) builder fitting a 10" Skyview in their panel, but can't for the life of me find a photo of it.

I'd love to see more photos of glass panels in -4's, Dynon or not, so post 'em up if ya got them. :D

My panel, about to take all this apart and sell it off to return to a VFR only setup to put the plane on the market, incidentally, if anyone is interested in a full glass RV-4- email me!

eeKqd.jpg

Last edited:
i am just about done putting a 10 inch skyview in my 4 I will try to get a picture up today.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Bob- Wow....you should de-clutter your panel. :D Just kidding....it looks GREAT. So clean.....I like it. A 10" Skyview fits perfect....I thought it would be tighter than that.

Anything you would do different if you did it over again?

skyview photo

I have been flying my 4 for about a year with a 10 inch skyview that looks quite similar to the previous photo. It's a lot of bang for your buck! If I were doing it over I would give more consideration to a dual 7" skyview panel. I could email a photo if you wish but it is almost identical to the above photo.

yes, and I almost did, I would go with the dynon radio and intercom. I only went with what I had because I started it the day after sun n fun and the radio and intercom was not available until june.

Using autocad i figured that I could even get a 10" and a 7" in there but it would be close and I thought it would not look balanced.

I ended up rewiring about 80 percent of the airplane, but It was easier than trying to splice everything in and moving wires from breaker to breaker.

I will have to upgrade transponders sometime before 2020 but I think I will wait and see what comes down the road.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Why two?

I have been flying my 4 for about a year with a 10 inch skyview that looks quite similar to the previous photo. It's a lot of bang for your buck! If I were doing it over I would give more consideration to a dual 7" skyview panel. I could email a photo if you wish but it is almost identical to the above photo.

John,
Would like to here your thoughts on going with two panels instead of one.
Been thinking about re-doing my panel as well and had sort of decided on a single panel.

John,
Would like to here your thoughts on going with two panels instead of one.
Been thinking about re-doing my panel as well and had sort of decided on a single panel.

double the knobs and soft buttons, very helpful if not mandatory for IFR

HDG->ALT->VS->BARO are my four knob layouts, when I am doing an approach I select the left screen as my roll axis AP soft buttons and the right screen as my pitch buttons, then I can easily execute the missed approach if needed.

Does anybody have a minimalist Skyview install on the RV-4?

I currently have Dynon Skyview 10", SL30, Intercom Round Dial Airspeed and Alt and Intercom and am looking to build an all glass panel without round dials with a GRT Mini.

RV-4 Glass

Maybe Ripper & Fitz from KC Flight would like to post a picture of the stunning panels in their RV-4s. Every time I see their airplanes I get 'glass envy'.

How bout it guys?

Does anybody have a minimalist Skyview install on the RV-4?

I currently have Dynon Skyview 10", SL30, Intercom Round Dial Airspeed and Alt and Intercom and am looking to build an all glass panel without round dials with a GRT Mini.

I have a 10 inch dynon with a single comm, and intercomm. That's it.

Here is the backside. My panel is pushed a few inches forward and everything still fits easy.

otzvuo.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is my current build with a full Dynon panel.
1zn4had.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice work!! That?s very close to what I?m looking to have. Except I?ll prpbably buy the GRT mini to compliment my 10? Dynon and I don?t think I?ll install the bug addition. I?ve been flying 4 years with just two on the Dynon. The AP controller I think would be the biggest help. Do you know if Dynon intercom is required with Dynon comm radio?

Nice work!! That?s very close to what I?m looking to have. Except I?ll prpbably buy the GRT mini to compliment my 10? Dynon and I don?t think I?ll install the bug addition. I?ve been flying 4 years with just two on the Dynon. The AP controller I think would be the biggest help. Do you know if Dynon intercom is required with Dynon comm radio?

The Dynon intercom is not required. It doesn?t even talk to the Skyview system. It just looks the same for aesthetics. You can use any intercom with the Dynon radio.

Back