What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dawlish, UK...RV Flyover

David Bell

Well Known Member
The next to best being abroad from Louisiana USA, (away from your own RV) is to spot an RV! While visiting Dawlish on the English Channel this past weekend, that unique sound above captures my attention...a white RV flying over. Who might this be...where might it be based? Nice visiting UK, but sure miss my RV.

David Bell
Flying RV-4
N22755
Lafayette, Louisiana

Dawlish RV flyover

I flew down the airstrip at Salcombe (Bolt Head) on Saturday at lunchtime. I was in a red & white -9A with a Wilksch diesel engine & was a bit more inland, so I doubt it was mine you saw and heard. We were followed in by a -6 which is based there & might well have been the one you saw. It flew in from Exeter which would put Dawlish more or less on track.

Did you see the Spitfire display?

Dave

There was a spitfire displaying over Torquay (a bit south of Dawlish) as we flew home on Saturday afternoon . After completing that display it transited along the cost between 500 ft & 1000 ft to do another display at Weymouth.

Hi David,

If you are still in the South West of England I can put you in touch with some of the Light Aircraft Association guys and RV owners in the area. There are quite a few strips around that part of the world.

Regards,

Simon

Simon... I'm in Combwich by the River Parrot. I've been to Westinzoyland 4 years ago and flew with Chris Harrison in his 8A. It was fantastic. Yes I would enjoy more while here until July 2nd. Thanks!

You're not too far away from me about an hour or so.

There is plenty of aviation stuff around the local area that I can set you up with. Just depends what you want to see and do.

Simon.

Back