What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10 RV-10 upgrades

bomber_JB

A RV-10 builder on the airfield and I were comparing notes and talking upgrades that we've both done in the build process. He mentioned a list of 10 upgrades that were labeled as "mandatory" or "should do" and to Google it. I tried Google and it wasn't obvious. Anyone ever heard of this list?

Thanks,

I would add to the list the two seat mods of shortening the aft end of the seat rail on the main seat tracks (allows sliding the seat back and up/out without having to remove the rear footwell cover), and putting nut plates for the two rail stop bolts to be able to remove the seat by easily removing the stop rather than removing the spring pin assembly which requires a midget contortionist using previously unmatched pairs of swear words.

All the details about these common seat mods are on here somewhere.

or...

or shortening the front of the plastic seat runners to accomplish the same thing.

Don't forget the PH Aviation flap actuator with built in position sensor!

Maybe Van?s has changed something on the seats in the past 5 years, but I have no issues getting my seats out and I have not made any modifications to the seat rails. All I have to do is remove the rear seat base.

Same here with the seats.
Nutplates in the seat pans to hold the stoppers and that?s it.
Seat slides right out the back with no other mods required.

seats

There was no possible way to remove my stock seats without removing the flap torque tube cover.

I shortened the plastic slides on the front end by 3/4" and the seats are removable without removing the cover, now...

There was no possible way to remove my stock seats without removing the flap torque tube cover.

I shortened the plastic slides on the front end by 3/4" and the seats are removable without removing the cover, now...

same here. Early vintage kit.

Back