What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any 8?s near piedmont NC? KRDU

Mantoga

I'm New Here
Career pilot also 182 owner and I?ve been wanting to build for awhile. Before I plot and scheme any further I?d like to try to sit in a completed RV-8. I?m 6?6? and mostly torso and would jump at the chance to find out if I can fit in one. If anyone?s around a couple hundred miles of RDU I would appreciate the chance to see if I can fit.
Thanks in advance.

I have one in Laurens, SC. It's in maintenance right now so you could come sit all you want. PM me if you would like to come and awe can coordinate.

There are several flying RV-8s and one under construction at KTTA (Raleigh Executive Jetport). Terry Gardner runs an Experimental Build center at the south end of the field -next to the flying club. The RV-8 there is in the "fiberglass" finishing stage. There is a -14A getting a new prop seal and I am finishing up panel work on a -9.

Career pilot also 182 owner and I?ve been wanting to build for awhile. Before I plot and scheme any further I?d like to try to sit in a completed RV-8. I?m 6?6? and mostly torso and would jump at the chance to find out if I can fit in one. If anyone?s around a couple hundred miles of RDU I would appreciate the chance to see if I can fit.
Thanks in advance.

I'm similar in build, 6'5" and mostly torso. I did not fit. Couldn't get my knees under the panel and my head hit the canopy.

That being said, I didn't get a lot of time to play with the seat and cushions or rudder pedals. I think it may be possible with the tall pilot mod and different rudder pedal positioning.

Back