What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Spruce screw-up?

Dean Pichon

Well Known Member
Aircraft Spruce screw-up - Resolved

Last weekend I ordered a pair of replacement Condor tires for my -4. Today, I received one Condor tire and one Michelin Aviator tire from AS&S. The packing list says 2 Condor tires, but the CofCs have different P/Ns, but both CofCs are from Michelin.

I'm dying to get my plane back in the air, but am hesitant to mount 2 different tires. Anybody know anything to confirm or allay my fears?

Thanks,

Dean

Last edited:
I'd wait for two identical tires, but there's nothing about different tires that would cause a problem. I bet if you called their 1-800 line they would send you the right one next day with free shipping and credit you when you returned the mismatched tire.

The Michelin Aviator is a 10 ply tire while the Condor is 6 plies. I did not want to run both these tires, so I called Aircraft Spruce to explain the issue. It took several phone calls and emails and I had to send photos of incorrect tire.

In the end, though, they agreed to ship a replacement via UPS Overnight for Saturday delivery. The mix up was frustrating, but Aircraft Spruce resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

Back