What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Post conditional EGT weirdness

rjcthree

Well Known Member
I just wrapped condition inspection #2, which included a battery replacement (for age) and a GDL-82 install. Test run for leaks (oil, fuel) showed EGT acting strangely. They read ok at ambient, but all four maxed at ~800F, no matter what I did with RPM and mixture, which is very abnormal. CHTs seemed logical, but I didn?t check against any other data source. EFIS/EMS is a Dynon D-180

Since I was messing about electrically, I?m going to check for a disturbed ground. Since it?s all four, I?m guessing it?s a common fault. Any advice or other plans to look is appreciated. I?m in the hanger tomorrow after work.

Closing the thread following investigation

I had access to some lab test equipment for troubleshooting, and Dynon assisted in creating a test matrix. Access to a Fluke process calibrator (725 series) is handy when chasing TC issues. Anyway, it turned out to be the D180, which Dynon repaired promptly. Full disclosure, I think I may caused this issue by moving a little too fast in my ADS-B wiring installation.

Dynon went over and above to assist and troubleshoot this issue. I?m very happy to have their equipment and their support.

Back