VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-16-2009, 06:03 PM

Default My new Travel Stories Website

While laid off in Jan/Feb, I built a website to cronicle our travels in "Moody Blue" our RV9A. The site has some building pics, but focuses on traveling. After all, that is why I built it. I have been having great fun writing the stories and posting the pics. I started by putting the pics right on the pages, but it is an ineffecient where to view pics. Doug started using Picassa and that seems to be a great way to view large amounts of pics. Now I put only a few pics on the page and link to the albums in Picassa (a Google product) or some links go directly to Picassa and I use the captions on the pics as the story.
I use Front Page by Microsoft, only because I already had it to maintain another website for our local AMVETS post.
Try the site and let me know how you like it.

Gene Larsen
www.GetBusyLivingNow.net
RV9A N194GL
680 hrs
c/p 515-321-2280
www.GetBusyLivingNow.Net
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 AM

Gene:

Your map of all the airports you've visited puts mine to shame!!!!

I bookmarked your site. It's gonna take a while to read it.

Thanks for sharing.

Jamie
Old 07-31-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibeam View Post
While laid off in Jan/Feb, I built a website to cronicle our travels in "Moody Blue" our RV9A. The site has some building pics, but focuses on traveling. After all, that is why I built it. I have been having great fun writing the stories and posting the pics. I started by putting the pics right on the pages, but it is an ineffecient where to view pics. Doug started using Picassa and that seems to be a great way to view large amounts of pics. Now I put only a few pics on the page and link to the albums in Picassa (a Google product) or some links go directly to Picassa and I use the captions on the pics as the story.
I use Front Page by Microsoft, only because I already had it to maintain another website for our local AMVETS post.
Try the site and let me know how you like it.

Gene Larsen
www.GetBusyLivingNow.net
RV9A N194GL
680 hrs
I have gone through your site and I have a question what does this submit about?