What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antenna install

Big D

I'm New Here
I have a RV 6 with a SL 30, D180 and a garmin 106 head. I am adding a GNS 430W. I plan on splitting the VOR/LOC- GS antenna with a CI-1125 that is there for the SL30. I will add the GPS 35 antenna for the GNS 430W. Just wondering if there were any concerns for doing so. It?s not the cost or time involved just don?t want to turn it into a octopus!

I have a RV 6 with a SL 30, D180 and a garmin 106 head. I am adding a GNS 430W. I plan on splitting the VOR/LOC- GS antenna with a CI-1125 that is there for the SL30. I will add the GPS 35 antenna for the GNS 430W. Just wondering if there were any concerns for doing so. It?s not the cost or time involved just don?t want to turn it into a octopus!

no problem at all, most production aircraft are wired exactly that way. 1 nav antenna and a splitter.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

The SL-30 has an internal splitter for VOR/GS, so no need for the CI-1125. It has one COM and one NAV antenna connector. I think the 430 is the same, with the addition of the GPS antenna connector, but you should be able to split it a single NAV antenna using the CI-1125.

You typically would need a splitter and a diplexer. The splitter will go from the antenna, then to the SL30 and towards the 430. The Diplexer will go between the splitter and the 430 to separate Nav/VOR and Glideslope.

Back