What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB Fuselage Builder Plans

azflyer21

Well Known Member
Are there a set of plans that show the various sections that the builder needs to complete? I found plans for the QB Wings, and it makes it much easier to identify the steps.

I did QB wings and slow build fuse, and did use the plans you refer to but also went through each section of complete plans to verify that I wasn't missing anything.

I'm not aware of what is available for QB fuselage, but I think it should be relatively easy to go through each section and visually look to see what's completed. I think one of the areas where you need to be most careful is where there are differences between tri-gear vs taildragger. For example, if building the tri-gear, you'll probably need to cut the holes for the gear on the bottom skins. But the "nature" of the fuse build is that once a section is complete, it's pretty easy to look over and verify completion.

I advise that wherever you see bolts in the structure, check the torque. I found some over-torqued nuts/bolts in my wings.

Vans told me, when I asked the same question, that they pulled the QB specific plans because they want builders to check everything on the QB from the full plans.

Last edited:
Here is the Dropbox I found on one of the threads

Same source for me - this resource is a great collection of annotated versions of the plans but some of them are out of sync with latest plans. I always check the version I was sent with my kits AND the support page at the mothership to assure I'm using the latest version.

Still - having an idea from the outset the major sections/assemblies I needed to do for QB plus a reasonable order was very helpful. I think for the QB fuse, it's less useful/important since everything built in the QB version is relatively easy to visualize and confirm against the plans.

It occurs to me that you really want to do a very complete review of every relevant section before installing the baggage area floor skins in addition to my earlier recommendation (assuming these are not installed in the QB fuselage as shipped).

Back