What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Brake and Fuel Line Package Official Announcement

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
Aircraft Specialty and TSFlightlines would like to officially announce the availability of the RV-14 Fuel and Brake line packages.

We have been shipping these kits for about a year but didn't have all the pricing information as well as ordering available on the websites. If you would like more information or ordering by phone, you can contact Tom at [email protected]. Or, you can view the installation manual and pictures of the packages at http://aircraftspecialty.com/rv-14.html as well as order online

Currently available are the following kits:

1. RV14/14a Cabin Brake line package with or without hoses/fittings for a parking brake
2. RV14/14a Cabin Fuel line package which includes rigid and flex tubes.
3. RV14A Gear leg hose kit

Currently being finalized

1. RV14 Tailwheel gear leg hoses
2. RV14/14a Rigid tubes from fuselage to wings

Currently in development

1. RV14/14a Firewall forward hose package.... However, like all of you, we are waiting on Vans to finalize their end of the deal so we can finalize our data. The firewall forward hoses will ALL be fire sleeved conductive teflon hoses and will carry our industry leading 10 year warranty.

Thank you all for helping us to continue to develop new products for the RV community. It is something that Tom and I love to do, and we wouldn't be where we are today without all of you.

Last edited:
Follow up

I just want to throw in another comment here. We have several RV14 beta testers out there that have helped develop these packages. Their help has been extremely valuable in producing all of these kits. Some are still in development, and we are working on them. We do take information from several builders and get the most similar ones and test them. Its not easy to do these packages long distance. Many times hoses and tubing are shipped across the country to be test fitted, and shipped back, most of the time at our expense. It would be nice to have a version of all the models we do in the hangar, and just walk out there and play. We dont have that luxury, other than my RV7, a 7A, and a couple of RV8's locally, and Steve is doing a Rv12.

Another reason for the delay in introducing the packages is the hose lengths. Various builders route hoses according to plans, but slightly longer or shorter. WE are using the best average lengths and generally they are very close. Parking brake valves are another accessory that we had to take into consideration. All of this takes time. You guys, have been very patient with us about this, and we appreciate it. All of these neat little time savers are in addition to the regular work load that we both have.

WE (meaning TS Flightlines & Aircraft Specialty) have alot more packages in the works. We're builders too, and we see these packages as time savers so you can complete your projects faster, AND be flying sooner, which is why we build anyway, right?

On a personal note, I again want to talk the RV community for their patience during my recovery. It means alot!

Tom

Brake line fittings needed where the line exits the fuselage?

Just curious about the rationale for using fittings as a passthrough where the brake lines penetrate the bottom of the fuselage on the -14A? Why not just run them through a hole with a grommet in the bottom of the fuselage and on down the gear leg? It would eliminate a set of fittings, saving a few bucks and be one less place for possible leaks.

Mark and all,

It would be possible to run flex lines through this area all the way down the gear legs. I don't think that this is the optimal configuration however. The way we run the hoses and fittings gives a really nice and stable secure transition from inside the aircraft to outside. If we ran one line, it would have to be secured in a way to allow it to exit the grommet at the proper angle and then continue down the gear leg. Likely a bracket would have to be fabricated and secured to the floor skin of the aircraft in the correct location so that the hose could exit properly at the right angle and then continue on down the gear leg.

In order to provide a finished, high quality package, this leaves a lot of variability in the fabrication by the builder. We wanted something that would be complete and very easy to install that is very repeatable.

With that said, custom hoses are what we do. Just as a wag, the price difference of going with one hose versus two would be around $25-35 plus the extra fittings. All up it may save about $50, but would be offset with the time required for the builder to fabricate the brackets to hold them in.

One other aside here is that I am not the largest fan of a rubber grommet out the bottom of the fuselage. I prefer the AN fitting.

That's just some quick thoughts on why we didn't go the other direction with this one.

However, if someone wants this package but wants to pursue a different routing/fuselage exit with those two hoses, we are happy to subtract them from the package and then build a set of custom lengths for whatever the builder would like. However, we would need the builder to provide us with the lengths that they would like for those as there would be a lot of potential variables depending on how and where they would exit the fuselage.

Happy building
Steve

We installed the brake line kit on our 14A and it looks great. I never liked the plastic lines or the thick rubber tube type. A one time only installation. Thanks.

Just got the fuel line kit from Aircraft Specialty. Here are a few pictures of the kit.

All the parts fit perfectly and I did not have to bend a thing. I have not tightened up anything yet. I think that it was worth the purchase.

Ken,

Glad that you like the kit. We are working on a video showing the design as well as the rigid tube bending. I hope to have that posted on our website in a month or two. It was a fun process to develop.

We also have rigid tube packages in development for a variety of other RV aircraft also.

Have fun building,
Steve

I think all of the hoses that will be supplied in the FWF kit will be Teflon.

Having received my FWF kit in August, and reading the word 'all' has me pondering (always a bad idea in my world of in-over-my-head (IOMH) ) would it be smart to substitute any supplied non-Teflon hoses with Teflon?

Hank
B744
Sailplane Racing
Cuba Libre
Dues 2016

Fuel and Brake Line Kit

Just finished installing my fuel lines and main brake lines. The craftsmanship was very good and the lines fit perfect. The alignment to the pump and Andair Valve was spot on.

Highly recommend these kits. Would be happy to share photos of my install if anyone is interested, pm me.

Alvin Fox
RV14a

the products looks great! :D

Just visited the website, I should order fuel lines about now to have them available when it?s time to install but would like to order the "RV14/14A Rigid tubes from fuselage to wings" at the same time to save on shipping.

So, any news as to when the fuselage to wings tubes will be available?

We finally have a set of wing to fuselage lines that are beta tested and fit perfectly. We are awaiting testing from a second beta tester to verify the fit in two separate aircraft. The difficult part about our initial fitting of these is that when built to overlay the template in the manual, they aren't even close to fitting. So we needed to do multiple trial and error attempts to get it right.

We want to verify the dimensions now to ensure that they will fit in every aircraft the same.

If someone has an rv-14 with wings on and ready to install these lines, please feel free to contact me. They are still pre production so we would need someone who is ready to install them as soon as they arrive for testing purposes.

Thanks again to everyone, including all our beta testers. Our rv-14 packages are the most complete of any package we have offered to date due to the excellent feedback from our customers.

Have a great weekend and happy building
Steve

just so you'll know--

Steve has really worked very hard to make these RV14 packages correct. We had a lot of discussions about the wing tubes, and what was happening. We even went so far as to make a couple of hose assemblies for a beta tester just to see what was happening. For you RV14 builders, you know what we are talking about---or will know. Now that we have the exact fit, Steve duplicates them on the CNC bender.

Just so you know---its a bunch easier if you have the plane---or a scaled mock up of something so you can test fit, and make minor adjustments, instead of sending things around the country for beta testing. Takes alot more time, and more money to do so. I made the RV7/9 spar mockup to be able to do those fuel systems. We have an 8, not perfect, but functional. Planning on a 10, thinking about a 14, and soon to have a real 12 (Steve's Dad) to play with.
Gee--we just need some more room.

More fun things to come---Like Beringer conversions, or new installs, because you guys asked for it!
Tom and Steve

Just received the RV-14 TD Cabin Fuel and Cabin Brake Lines w/parking brake option from Aircraft Specialty. Took about a week to receive and will be fitting them in the next 2 weeks. Excellent workmanship and would recommend this option; money very, well spent. Still need to select the parking-brake valve/actuator to use.

The RV-14 Rigid tube package has been very popular. We made a video of the fabrication of the rigid tube assemblies in case anyone is interested in the development process as well as the fabrication of the assemblies.

We also have a few other videos on this page of other product fabrication. The instrument panel video has not been updated to show the latest processes we use. At the moment, we are offering a powdercoat/silkscreen option as well as an anodized and laser etched process. Both turn out really awesome.

Have a great weekend and happy building.

http://aircraftspecialty.com/howwemake.html

I just wanted to give an update that due to the popularity of the rigid tube packages, we have taken steps to streamline our production. We now aim to keep several sets built and in stock. In the event we do run out, we are able to now build these on a 3 business day lead time. Wing rigid tubes are the same. The flex lines retain their standard 3-5 business day lead times. (More to come on all this including some new videos of a major shop upgrade we just completed related to rigid tube development.)

The current website message of reduced availability until 3-20 is NOT applicable to any of the RV-14 hoses and tubes.

Happy Building!
Steve

Last edited:
I just wanted to give an update to all our RV-14 Customers. We are currently on Revision 7 of the installation manual for our cabin fuel and brake line package. We have a lot of these being installed at the moment. We always appreciate and welcome customer feedback, and the additional pictures and data you provide allows us to update our installation manuals to make it even easier for future builders.

This revision adds some information on the parking brake installation, as well as some additional pictures for different parking brake actuator cable routings and part numbers that customers have been utilizing for the cable actuator assembly.

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF Documents/RV14 Brake and Fuel Manual.pdf

We also updated our Firewall forward hose package install manual to Rev 3 dated 7-14-18. We have added several additional hose configurations to include a backup pad mounted B and C alternator for the RV-14A and an upright B and C oil filter for the RV-14A.

Here is a link to the updated manual

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF Documents/RV-14 FF.pdf

Please clear out your browser cache or the new options/updated PDF files may not show as available on our website.

http://aircraftspecialty.com/rvproducts.html

We also updated our rigid tube video section of the website. For those of you who purchased our RV-14 cabin fuel package, the 11:30 mark of the Rigid tube video shows how those tubes are now being fabricated.

Thanks again to all the builders that have contacted us requesting custom hoses for different configurations on their aircraft. This has helped us to create a massive database which is growly daily of many different hose configurations that are custom to the plane and options that YOU want.

Steve and Tom

Last edited:
Perfect fit RV14-A

Steve,
I just installed the fuel lines I purchased from you on my RV14-A, perfect fit. I spent 3 hours completing all of Section 31 (Fuel System). The fuel line brackets from Van's took half of that time. Your pre-bent lines fit perfect. I am not sure how much time you saved me but I know those fuel line bends are complex on those short tubes. Your machines for bending those tubes are setup perfect. You and other parts suppliers have made my quick build experience enjoyable! Thanks

Steve,
I just installed the fuel lines I purchased from you on my RV14-A, perfect fit. I spent 3 hours completing all of Section 31 (Fuel System). The fuel line brackets from Van's took half of that time. Your pre-bent lines fit perfect. I am not sure how much time you saved me but I know those fuel line bends are complex on those short tubes. Your machines for bending those tubes are setup perfect. You and other parts suppliers have made my quick build experience enjoyable! Thanks

I am glad that you liked the installation. We have really enjoyed working on rigid tube development for several of the RV models.

I see that this is your first post on VAF. Welcome!!! And thank you for your comments. It's posts like this that make us really enjoy what we do. We love innovating new things and helping builders in a small way toward their first flights.

Thanks again and we hope to once again earn your business when you are ready for your firewall forward hoses.

Take care,
Steve

Last edited:
We have now updated the website to include a few more Rigid tube options for the RV-14. These include the wing vent lines which are set up for either the stock installation, or the JDAir Vents. We also have the sniffle valves that are located firewall forward and those come both pre-bent and also beaded with a Milspec beading tool.

Happy building and thank you to everyone who has helped us develop these new products by doing fit tests for us and providing product feedback.

Sniffle%201.jpg

Vent Kit.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent quality

Steve,
Thanks for all your help! I?m extremely satisfied with my RV14 brake and fuel lines. You and your products are truely an asset to the RV community!
Joe Hesano

...rationale for using fittings as a passthrough ...
I'm with you. I used bulkhead fittings to pass all lines through the firewall on my Lancair, and I'm really sorry I did it that way. Same with the hydraulic lines to my gear. The installation looks nice but the problem is tightening the B-nuts on either side - and you WILL have to tighten them after your first 20 hours. To keep the entire bulkhead fitting from rotating, you have to put a backup wrench on the nut holding the bulkhead fitting to the firewall. Not only does that job require two people, but the sound insulation on the inside of my firewall covers part of the bulkhead fitting and has to be dug out to gain access for the backup wrench. I really didn't think through my decision when I decided to do it that way. My brake lines, however, are one piece (Nyla-Seal) from master cylinders to the brakes so there are no intermediate fittings that need tightening. Live and learn...

To add to our growing list of configurations for the RV14/14A, we now have the Beringer gear leg hose kits available for both the Nosewheel and Tailwheel aircraft.

wp13a318a9_06.png

wpf0b407b0_06.png

We are currently working through a variety of different cabin line configurations with several beta testers. This will help us to finalize locations for PB and ALIR valves to "Standardize" the install for those who are looking for a complete "drop in" package.

On that note, we also have worked out a specific package with Beringer that is for AS Flightlines customers (Aircraft Specialty and TS Flightlines). This package allows us to sell all the Beringer components direct to our customers without any of the "do it yourself" Beringer hoses and fittings. Those are all credited out and then we can substitute our pre built and pressure tested assemblies.

If you would like to utilize our lines, Tom or I are able to sell you ALL the Beringer components you will need as well as all the hoses pre built.

We will release more information in the coming months as we continue to finalize various configurations of these packages.

Steve

A few more updates on available RV14 configurations.

1. We have now finalized the 14/14A Beringer cabin configurations for Parking Brake Valve, Parking Brake/Anti Skid Valve, and standard configuration without either parking brake or anti skid valve.

Shown below is the 14 Tailwheel with Beringer Parking Brake and Anti Skid valve configuration.

Beringer%20For%20VAF%20Smaller%20Pic.jpg

2. You may also notice something different about the valve configuration in this picture. It is the Andair Type 7 valve with the off configuration in the aft position. We are working on the release of a drop in package for those who want to go with the alternate valve. This package will include all tubes to completely plumb the cabin fuel system for the RV14 and will also include a drill template to mount the alternate valve correctly. This will be necessary to ensure that the tubes are a perfect fit. This package will be scheduled for release in the next several months.

3. Finally, we are back at work on the Duplex valve configuration for the RV14 due to growing interest in that configuration from customers. We have plumbed a few rv14 aircraft in this configuration so far, and have realized that the location of the valve is absolutely critical for the 4 rigid tubes to fit correctly. In addition, the duplex valve requires a new mounting bracket which we are now CNC machining and bending, new clips to hold the tubes as well as some cover plate and other tunnel modifications. Due to the complexity of doing this correctly, we are working with 2 beta testers to ensure that we can provide a complete drop in package for the duplex valve. This package will provide ALL the tubes and modified components to make installation easy. This is a work in progress, and will take several months to complete and finalize.

New%20Valve%20Bracket.jpg

We look forward to continuing progress on these projects and continuing to innovate new products based on feedback from the Vans community.

Thanks again for letting us be a part of your projects.

Steve and Tom

First off, I want to sent a thank you to beta Testers Mike and Patrick. Mike helped us design and test fit the Type 7 Valve cabin fuel kit that we are releasing, and Patrick has been working with us very closely to make our Duplex valve installation a COMPLETE drop in package. That one isn't complete yet, but we are making good progress.

Today, we are ready to announce the immediate availability of a slightly different version of our RV14 cabin fuel line package. The Andair Type 7 valve is different than the stock valve in that it has "Left", "Right" and "Off" in a more traditional Forward/Back configuration than the stock valve that comes with the RV14 kit. Making this valve fit in the -14 posed some unique challenges. The clearances are extremely tight when compared to the standard setup. Also, the valve requires different mounting holes to be drilled. We set out to design this as a drop in configuration. This necessitated machining a drill template so that the new valve could easily be located perfectly accurately, which would then ensure that the tubes fit.

This kit includes a drill template, 3 rigid tubes, and one flex hose assembly. It completes your entire cabin fuel system for those who would like to utilize the Type 7 Andair valve. The pricing on this complete kit (without the valve) is $299.95.

wpd1c4b2f6_06.png

Also, we have been making progress on the duplex valve installation for the RV14. The challenges on that one are numerous as we want to ensure that the kit and all components fit perfect without customer modifications.

wp6ed11fe9_06.png

We currently have the following items of that kit complete. 1. Upper and lower tubes 2. Spar clips for the tubes 3. Valve mounting plate 4. New Doubler plate. Items outstanding are the new tunnel cover that is required. Also, we are working on the section of the tunnel forward of the valve to accommodate either an SDS or EFII system.

Our RV14 Cabin brake and fuel line package install manual has been updated to show the type 7 valve installation, a preview of the duplex installation, and Beringer Cabin and Gear leg hose packages.

Those can be found for download on the product pages as a pdf link.

http://aircraftspecialty.com/rv-14.html

Also, if anyone is interested in how the tubes or other products are fabricated, we have several videos detailing the process.

Happy building!!!!!

Steve

Just a quick addition to what Steve has said here. The duplex install on a 14 is NOT an easy modification, ESPECIALLY to get it right for everyone. Some of my recent posts hint at that. Alot of you are ordering QB fuselages, and alot of the 'custom' work has already been done during the fuse build. The standard build fuse doesnt have the brackets and bulkheads already installed. So we had to think out of the box and work around and through what is generally already there. Patrick has done a great job of documenting and working through the little things that you can see in a fuselage, but NOT see in a picture, especially how other things interact.

Again---beta testers are an excellent use of facilities and people. Imagine having a full scale mockup of every fuselage, or parts of fuselages that we provide a product for. It would take a pretty big hangar, and thats overhead. Alot of the smaller systems we do in house, but imagine having a fuselage (or major cabin section) of every Vans model aircraft flying today, in addition to engines, and component parts for all of that under 1 roof-----huge expense.

Little things that would slow down a build pop up. Like the clips that hold and separate the 2 rigid tubes. The original design from Vans is excellent, but for 1 3/8 tube, not 2. So a new set of clips had to be designed to accept 2, 3/8 tubes in a tight area. Making sure all of that fits without any custom creations was the challenge. So what now fits on one QB fuselage will fit them all---unless of course something is changed in the process.

All of this takes time, and yes we are aware that alot of builders want it now (or yesterday) but in order to make this as easy for the builders as possible, it took alot of time to work out some of the details. Patrick was methodical in doing so. The good news is that from the valve to the fuselage bulkhead fittings is almost complete. The not so good news is that the rest is not---but coming. Fuselage to tank connections are being done,--gee you have to have a set of wings to be able to get the spacing right, and work around the aileron controls in the wing root.

Then there is the minor issue of fuel pumps and filters. The QB fuselage has the pump mounting brackets riveted in for the STOCK Andair pump. The manufacturers of the duplex systems, SDS and EFii use a similar pump that is much longer in bolt mounting spacing than the Andair. In addition, each system uses different filters, not only in length but diameters. All of this has to fit in a space originally designed for a pump and filter WITH the mounting brackets already installed. WE didnt want builders to drill out the rivets and relocate the brackets because a set of holes would need to be closed up in the stainless tray. More work.

So, soon, we will have a pump install package for each system, the SDS and the EFii, along with the filters that come in those packages. Once completed, these will be offered as a sub kit to the valve to wing kit, so builders can select the pump system they have.

Side note: We've been kinda quiet lately, but ALOT is going on. Several upgrades for production have been ongoing for some time now, and are getting up to speed. In addition, several new or existing packages are in the development/revision stages to make things easier for you, the builders. I've had my hand on a couple of major things, Steve has been working on several others, and when it all comes together, we will have the most reliable, complete fluidline plumbing packages available. Better install directions with pictures are planned. Its all about making better use of YOUR time so you can get in the air sooner.

Tom

When I started working on the RV-14 fuel system I thought it was strange that the fuel selector was oriented such that the handle points left for the LEFT Tank but points forward for the RIGHT Tank. I also thought it would be a simple task to just rotate the valve 45 degrees so Left and Right would point on the respective sides of center. With the valve oriented that way, I also expected it to be easy to bend the fuel lines to accommodate the rotated valve. It wasn?t easy. In fact, with normal tube bending and cutting tools it is not possible to bend and cut and flare the tubes because there isn?t enough space between the fuel lines and the sides of the tunnel. If it were easy to fit this way, I?m sure Van?s would have designed it.

So I looked on this forum and discovered that a few others had complained about the valve orientation, yet, no one had a solution. Eventually I got in touch with Steve from Aircraft Specialty. He understood the issue and thought he could solve it using his tube bending, cutting and flaring machine. There?s a video on his website showing how it works. Basically, it can make much shorter tube lengths between the flared end of the tube and the first bend. This allows the tube to easily fit along the sides of the tunnel and exit at the normal exit point.

I worked with Steve on the fit since he didn?t have access to an RV-14. After a few iterations he came up with a nice fitting tube that installs easily.

This solution also requires deleting or exchanging the Andair FS20X2-T with the FS20X7-T. I did this through Van?s.

I?m really happy with the solution. We ended up putting more work into this than we both had anticipated but I hope others who plan to reorient the valve will benefit. You can get the new tubes from Steve at Aircraft Specialty.

When I started working on the RV-14 fuel system I thought it was strange that the fuel selector was oriented such that the handle points left for the LEFT Tank but points forward for the RIGHT Tank. I also thought it would be a simple task to just rotate the valve 45 degrees so Left and Right would point on the respective sides of center. With the valve oriented that way, I also expected it to be easy to bend the fuel lines to accommodate the rotated valve. It wasn’t easy. In fact, with normal tube bending and cutting tools it is not possible to bend and cut and flare the tubes because there isn’t enough space between the fuel lines and the sides of the tunnel. If it were easy to fit this way, I’m sure Van’s would have designed it.

So I looked on this forum and discovered that a few others had complained about the valve orientation, yet, no one had a solution. Eventually I got in touch with Steve from Aircraft Specialty. He understood the issue and thought he could solve it using his tube bending, cutting and flaring machine. There’s a video on his website showing how it works. Basically, it can make much shorter tube lengths between the flared end of the tube and the first bend. This allows the tube to easily fit along the sides of the tunnel and exit at the normal exit point.

I worked with Steve on the fit since he didn’t have access to an RV-14. After a few iterations he came up with a nice fitting tube that installs easily.

This solution also requires deleting or exchanging the Andair FS20X2-T with the FS20X7-T. I did this through Van’s.

I’m really happy with the solution. We ended up putting more work into this than we both had anticipated but I hope others who plan to reorient the valve will benefit. You can get the new tubes from Steve at Aircraft Specialty.

In practice, I haven't found this to be an issue at all - I just glance at the valve when I change tanks. Just pointing out in case others are wondering....

In practice, I haven't found this to be an issue at all - I just glance at the valve when I change tanks. Just pointing out in case others are wondering....

Exactly. I?ve used this sort of valve before and there?s no need whatsoever for the valve positions to actually be located toward the absolute left and right. So long as one is left of the other, you have two positions which make spatial sense. It?s not even necessary to look at it.

Turner and Ken,

We anticipate that the majority of builders will continue to utilize the stock Vans valve, for which we have supported drop in CNC bent tubes for several years.

Due to an increasing number of calls from those who wanted either a type 7 Valve configuration or a Duplex valve configuration, we decided to invest the time to come up with a solution.

Our prototyping and R and D is very much based on what we hear from other builders, and what they ask us to develop. That's why these projects were launched.

The beauty of these planes is the ability to customize. The type 7 valve isn't any better or worse than the stock Valve. For those builders who find it more aesthetically pleasing/intuitive, we wanted to design a solution. The fact that it was difficult to do increased the motivation factor.

The word "Impossible" is not in our vocabulary. Part of the fun of this hobby is finding ways to make things work. It also challenges us to continue to increase our capability to design and manufacture increasingly complex components. This is important for our direct end use customers as well as the OEMs that we work with. As Tom alluded to in a previous post, we have been in the middle of a large equipment and design capability restructuring for the last 12 months. The ability to prototype things like this quicker and more accurately are part of that shift.

Happy Building!!!!!
Steve

Last edited:
After the recent release of the RV14 SDS duplex cabin and wing root fuel line kit, we received a lot of feedback from builders who were interested in a wing root filter setup for the standard cabin fuel line setup.

We are now announcing the release of a Wing Root Mounted filter setup that fits together with the standard cabin fuel lines.

This setup removes the filter in the center tunnel and adds a high quality serviceable filter in each of the wing roots with a shutoff valve for servicing during the conditional inspections. This kit is available as a complete kit which includes all the Cabin Components as well as the Wing Root components. Or it is available as an add on kit for those who are utilizing our Rv14 Cabin Fuel Kit, or for those who already completed their own cabin fuel lines.

Install Manual Located here

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF Documents/RV14 Wing Root Filter.pdf

We look forward to your comments as well as continuing to develop products based on your feedback.

Happy Building
Steve

Last edited:
After the recent release of the RV14 SDS duplex cabin and wing root fuel line kit, we received a lot of feedback from builders who were interested in a wing root filter setup for the standard cabin fuel line setup.

We are now announcing the release of a Wing Root Mounted filter setup that fits together with the standard cabin fuel lines.

This setup removes the filter in the center tunnel and adds a high quality serviceable filter in each of the wing roots with a shutoff valve for servicing during the conditional inspections. This kit is available as a complete kit which includes all the Cabin Components as well as the Wing Root components. Or it is available as an add on kit for those who are utilizing our Rv14 Cabin Fuel Kit, or for those who already completed their own cabin fuel lines.

Install Manual Located here

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF Documents/RV14 Wing Root Filter.pdf

We look forward to your comments as well as continuing to develop products based on your feedback.

Happy Building
Steve

What a fantastic idea!!

For those wanting to utilize EFII in the RV14, the SDS install package shares about 95% commonality. Everything aft of the valve is identical. Forward of the Valve, a few of the hoses change slightly and there may be a mounting bracket modification needed.

We are going to support both installations in the cabin.

Anyone who wants to utilize our drop in system can order the EFII option now also. The first couple of installs may require a slight hose length change in one area, but we will work with the first few builders to ensure everything fits as nicely as it does with the SDS installation.

Also, we are now releasing the Firewall Forward Hose Kits for BOTH the SDS and EFII systems.

This information, along with install pictures are located at

Have fun building and please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Back