What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help needed near long beach (airplane assembly)

Robin8er

Well Known Member
I'm building a Rv-8 in Hawaii. I expect to have it flying in about 1 month, enjoy it here for a few months, then in March-April I expect to ship it to California. The container will go to Long beach.

I'm hoping someone near Long Beach can help by letting me use a hanger for a day or two to put the wings and tail back on. I'm quick and efficient, I wont waste your time. I dont think it would possibly take more than 2 days to put the plane back together.

Anywhere within about 100 miles of long beach is fine. the shipping company will deliver the container anywhere. the farther is goes the more it costs. so the closer to long beach the better. but I'm asking for help so I cant be too picky.

thanks in advance.

There's probably something closer, but if not reach out to the EAA chapter at CCB, they have a hangar which should be able to make space for this sort of thing.

I'm building a Rv-8 in Hawaii. I expect to have it flying in about 1 month, enjoy it here for a few months, then in March-April I expect to ship it to California. The container will go to Long beach.

I'm hoping someone near Long Beach can help by letting me use a hanger for a day or two to put the wings and tail back on. I'm quick and efficient, I wont waste your time. I dont think it would possibly take more than 2 days to put the plane back together.

Anywhere within about 100 miles of long beach is fine. the shipping company will deliver the container anywhere. the farther is goes the more it costs. so the closer to long beach the better. but I'm asking for help so I cant be too picky.

thanks in advance.

If you can't get anything else lined up, you can use my t-hangar at KAJO.

I'll even help but you have to buy the beer!

Compton EAA has a Chapter hangar.

May be worth a call to see if space is available. Very close to Long Beach.

I second that. I'm at Compton. The EAA hangar would be great place to finish putting your plane together, although space is a little tight at the moment. PM me and I can get you in touch with the hangar manager. There's another guy who's building his -8 in the hangar.

Back