What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmen GEA 24 Mounting Location

RidiculousM

Well Known Member
I would like to mount my GEA 24 EIS interface to the left of the VPX on the bulkhead and have the engine monitoring wiring go straight through the bulkhead and through the firewall so it would be entering the engine compartment just above the engine mount and a little to the right of the upper left engine mount bolt. I do not have my engine mounted so I am looking for advice if this is a good route to take or if there is a better suggestion on where the wiring should enter the firewall. The engine will be an IO-360.

35krgqe.jpg

Mike,

I think you've chosen a good location for the GEA 24. Here are a few photos of our RV-8 build. We put it in pretty much the same location and routed the engine sensor wires to the firewall as shown.

oOl.jpg

oOG.jpg

oOr.jpg

oOm.jpg

Not the best pictures, but the only ones I could find that show the GEA 24. You just have to make sure your radio stack will not interfere with the GEA 24 location. The arrows in the bottom 2 pictures show the 1" diameter carry-through duct for the engine sensor wires through the forward baggage compartment to the firewall. In the bottom 2 pictures, the wires have not been run yet.

Hope this helps.

Pat, talk about a picture being worth a thousand words! Not only were your pictures helpful for the placement of the GEA-24 but there are a bunch of other things that will be helpful in the future. Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my question.

Mike

Back