What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel sender mishap

Kiwi flyer

So I?m another victim to the confusion between the plans and the Stewart warner instructions, missed the part where u make the last 3/4? bend, my own fault, never mind. What I need help with is finding the wire arms to do over, my searches have come up short, any one found these? . Thx Pete

You’ve probably got what you’re looking for in your workshop Pete. Have a look at some hinge pin and you’ll find it’s pretty close to what you need.

Cheers

Last edited:
I followed the plans diagram for bending the float wires for my 14 project and ended up with some clearance issues. Rather than try and tweak the wires, I placed replacement order from Vans. I somehow found part number, don?t have now. I got a message from vans parts department a few days later staring they don?t sell the float wires separately any longer. Said I would need to order entire float kit. Didn?t do that. Checked with Stewart-warner and they said they didn?t offer just the wires either. I ended up tweaking my wires a little by making an extra bend and that worked out ok.

I did the same thing. Instead of trying to fabricate or buy new ones. I soldered a piece of 1/8" brass tubing as a coupler to in the piece that extends from the sender arm regaining the lost length. Solid as a rock!

44109938692_a89d15a8a1_z.jpg

Back