What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

POH and G3X Checklists

AviatorJ

Well Known Member
Wanted to share the 'POH' I put together for the plane. I basically copied the format of some production aircraft and put it in a smaller 'mini binder' format. The idea is that one, it tracks info for me to reference but I can also let another pilot (or passenger) read it and it will inform them of some of the different aspects of what I put together. I took it to Kinkos and got it color printed and spiraled for $16.

N10JW POH

I also really like the checklist feature of the G3X. I not only use it for checklists but as a reference source for performance data and maneuvers. The tool to create it is a bit clunky but wanted to share what I had anyhow. Just open it with the Garmin tool.

N10JW G3X Checklist

Thanks for sharing!! I am a few weeks from needing to make one and yours is a great reference/starting point.

Larry

I would make two suggestions:
1. Weight and balance: emphasize that the -10?s cg must be calculated in the landing (low fuel) condition, where it is more likely to be beyond limits, as well as takeoff configuration.
2. Emphasize that if a door should open in flight, the pilot must continue to fly the airplane. Several doors have been lost in flight, but the only fatality was due to a low altitude stall/spin.

Nice work. I'm in the process of doing this now for my kit and will shamelessly borrow some of this I'm sure.

In section 2-10 do you really have the light sport passenger warning placard in the plane?

In section 2-10 do you really have the light sport passenger warning placard in the plane?

I do, the DAR required me to put a placard for the back passengers. I used a sticker I received with the EAA builder kit. At some point I might change it but I'm not overly concerned. It gets the message across.

Checklist print-out

I been looking for some way to print-out a hard copy of a Garmin Check list. Has anybody found how this can be done?
Richard

... but the RV-10 is not considered a Light-Sport aircraft. Was this something that the DAR required you to do?

Back