What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Not Riveted In This Section

Freightdawg

Well Known Member
On page 41-9, the farthest aft hole on each side of the forward fuse top skin is labeled NOT RIVETED IN THIS SECTION. For the life of me, I can't find where they ARE riveted. The same is true for the holes that were left unriveted in Section 29 (shudder) that were later used for fitting the doors (page 45-03). Where/when do they get riveted?

Thanks for curing my madness.

Jeff

Good Question

I was never able to find where they were supposed to be riveted...so I did it after the cabin top was on...

On page 41-9, the farthest aft hole on each side of the forward fuse top skin is labeled NOT RIVETED IN THIS SECTION. For the life of me, I can't find where they ARE riveted. The same is true for the holes that were left unriveted in Section 29 (shudder) that were later used for fitting the doors (page 45-03). Where/when do they get riveted?

Thanks for curing my madness.

Jeff

That is one of the holes left for a door fastening cleco. They probably assume you'll figure out to put rivets in them after you are done with the doors.

Larry

Bob, thanks for the sanity check.

They probably assume you'll figure out to put rivets in them after you are done with the doors.

Larry, I think they assume too much. We were about to start the fairing at the base of the windscreen and realized it was going to cover an open hole.

Bob, thanks for the sanity check.

Larry, I think they assume too much. We were about to start the fairing at the base of the windscreen and realized it was going to cover an open hole.

I was the opposite. It was a QB fuse and couldn?t understand why they were left out, so i put them in. Got my finishing kit and rwlized the error anc had to drill tgem out:(

Larry

Back