What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ELT test wire pin

iamtheari

Well Known Member
I am working on wiring the ELT mini-DIN connector. The three wires supplied with the empennage kit wiring harness, terminated from Van's with pins, work out fine. But the ACK-04 ELT requires me to add a short lead for testing purposes. The ELT kit instructions (page 53-04 step 2) call for me to crimp on "one of the supplied female pins." I don't believe I have these female pins. Does anyone know where the correct female pin (socket?) is located in the kit and/or a good source for them that won't require me to spend $20 to ship a 5-cent part? :)

I am working on wiring the ELT mini-DIN connector. The three wires supplied with the empennage kit wiring harness, terminated from Van's with pins, work out fine. But the ACK-04 ELT requires me to add a short lead for testing purposes. The ELT kit instructions (page 53-04 step 2) call for me to crimp on "one of the supplied female pins." I don't believe I have these female pins. Does anyone know where the correct female pin (socket?) is located in the kit and/or a good source for them that won't require me to spend $20 to ship a 5-cent part? :)

I ran into the same puzzlement a short while back. No female pins are supplied, the instructions notwithstanding. I wound up clipping off the micro-Molex pins that came crimped on those three harness wires and replacing them with female d-sub pins. They have a tiny hole on the side of the barrel which will allow you to solder them to the male pins on the test plug. It?s a fiddly task, but will work out with a bit of care.

Back