What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AirVenture 2020 Go/No Go Decision Can Wait Until May

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV8JD

Well Known Member
"AirVenture Go/No Go Decision Can Wait Until May"
"Jack Pelton, the Experimental Aircraft Association’s CEO and chairman, confirmed earlier reporting that this July’s AirVenture is still considered a go, and the next “decision point” isn’t until May. “Today we are still planning on having the event beginning July 20, 2020,” he said in a statement. The company is actively considering keep-on, cancel, or delay options, he said, with the chance of postponement only viable through late August."​
And:

"Looking Ahead to AirVenture 2020", by Jack Pelton.

Last edited:
"AirVenture Go/No Go Decision Can Wait Until May"
"Jack Pelton, the Experimental Aircraft Association?s CEO and chairman, confirmed earlier reporting that this July?s AirVenture is still considered a go, and the next ?decision point? isn?t until May. ?Today we are still planning on having the event beginning July 20, 2020,? he said in a statement. The company is actively considering keep-on, cancel, or delay options, he said, with the chance of postponement only viable through late August."​
And:

"Looking Ahead to AirVenture 2020", by Jack Pelton.

My RV has missed two AirVentures since it started flying 22-years ago. One year it was in Alaska and the other year it was broken so I went without it.

The way I understood the article, I sounded like most of the onsite stuff that is done in May could be put off till June. To me it sounded like sometime in June would be the announcement to cancel if they could not start working people close together to get stuff done.

I think we should be out of this COVED-19 mess in no time. After all nothing made in China ever lasts!

Well...Japan has canceled the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics, now pushing it back on full year to 2021. It is a large international event, just like AirVenture.

My hotel room and car for this year has been canceled. Not going, even if the event still takes place.

It would be prudent for the EAA to reschedule, pushing it back until the fall, or outright cancel.

Oshkosh 2020

Well, I am going to fly in even if it is cancelled. Will fly in, park on the ramp, unload bike , ride around the grounds,ride downtown to eat lunch, then fly home having had a great day out. I do hope this has all settled down by July.

Well, I am going to fly in even if it is cancelled. Will fly in, park on the ramp, unload bike , ride around the grounds,ride downtown to eat lunch, then fly home having had a great day out. I do hope this has all settled down by July.

Watch out, many others will think that would be a cool thing to do and then what do you got? A FLYIN

In my case, the $100 hamburger would be a $800 veggie burger...

I bought the ticket insurance for all-week entry and Camp Scholler. Just reviewed the policy and they do not cover losses due to epidemics. Not happy about that at all. Hopefully, if EAA cancels they will offer refunds or at least credit to advance buyers. I can cancel my pre-show hotel reservation a week in advance; not sure about my ferry reservation. In any case, I'm prepared to go with the flow.

i live 70 miles north of wausau wi. probably the virus will peak a little earlier in oshkosh but professional medical predictions for my area are may 30 . fwiw.

That was clearly in Jacks message.

Well sorry - I guess I am having trouble reading it in Jack?s message - it was in the story by Marc Cook, but you?ll have to point it out to me in Jack?s statement (linked to by the OP). I?ve read it four times and can?t find the word ?company? anywhere in his words...

Paul

From Jack’s email:
Currently our timetable for our next major decision point is not until May. In the meantime, we are continually preparing and in planning mode, which includes a variety of “what-if” scenarios. The choices are stay the course, delay, or cancel.

Don’t know who originated the word company but it wasn’t Jack. “Several” sources are propagating the same paraphrase.

So what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back