What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell prop Part Number = PROP C3Y1R-1N/N7605C

ClarkieSr

I'm looking to buy a prop for my RV-10 Van's Part Number = PROP C3Y1R-1N/N7605C. Does anyone know the actual hartzell part# for this prop. I need to shop around before buying it from Van's

Having just replaced my prop I can tell you the chances of finding a better deal than the one-time builders offer, $8,025, from Van's for a new prop is slim. That same prop is $11,500 new without the deal.

Last edited:
Having just replaced my prop I can tell you the chances of finding a better deal than the one-time builders offer, $8,025, from Van's for a new prop is slim. That same prop is $11,500 new without the deal.

+1 on this.

The Van's engine/prop/show special is the best deal out there. The Hartzell BA prop that Van's lists for the RV-10 is a great match as well.

Carl

Talked at length with the Hartzell sales/tech rep at SNF. He also indicated that pricing from Van's was the best anywhere on a new Hartzell prop.

Prop part number

Guys are you sure you are looking at the correct prop part number? Van's website lists that 3-blade composite blade C3Y1R-1N/N7605C as $17,775! The one right above it is the two-blade, C2YR-1BFP/F8068D at $8,025. (????) If you can get a 3-blade composite prop at that lower price, that's one helluva steal! But I'm skeptical.....

Daryl

Guys are you sure you are looking at the correct prop part number? Van's website lists that 3-blade composite blade C3Y1R-1N/N7605C as $17,775! The one right above it is the two-blade, C2YR-1BFP/F8068D at $8,025. (????) If you can get a 3-blade composite prop at that lower price, that's one helluva steal! But I'm skeptical.....

Daryl

I should have been more clear in my original post. I used the 2-blade just as an example-- the $8k price is obviously for the 2-blade aluminum prop, not the 3-blade composite. The point I was trying to make was the OEM arrangement Van's has with Hartzell for one-time purchase by Van's customers of a new prop is basically unbeatable. The discount on the composite might not be as good but I still doubt you'll find it cheaper anywhere else.

Last edited:
just a data point

Jesse mentioned yesterday he had a 600 hour prop and spinner for a -10 in his shop he'd part with.

Back