What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interested in RV wisdom- Texas/Oklahoma border

mbert

RV Friends,

Hopefully I posted this thread in the correct section. I'm interested in purchasing an RV (probably RV-4 or RV-6 due to prices) but am looking for more guidance/first hands experience from owners in SW Oklahoma/Northern Texas. I'm currently located in Altus, OK teaching at the KC-135 schoolhouse and flying the Cessna on the side. I am more than happy to travel/share flying/fuel costs to gain more insight into the RV ownership community.

If you have any insight, advise or are willing to share some hands on experience I'd really appreciate it. Specifically it would be great to get budget/ownership cost information, to include insurance rates, maintenance/annual rates, major overhaul rates and of course to go flying. I'm also very interested in RV transition training if you have any suggestions.

Looking forward to hear your advice.

Miles

Send me a private message and I can give you my phone #. There are many RV owners in the OKC area. There are several of us who have flown down to Altus and given RV rides to several of the transient students in the past year. We can iron out a time we could come down and talk RVs -- and go fly, of course. Will watch for your PM.

Fly down to 52F

I live in AZ but if there were anywhere I'd like to go to for info it would be Northwest Regional (52F). Yes there are others, but this a very active location for RV activity (RV Central) that is only a breakfast run or lunch flight away from you in the Cessna.

https://navmonster.com/flight/AXS-52F

Saturday @ KHSD (Sundance Airport) OKC

Miles,

This Saturday at KHSD there will be a pancake breakfast (starting at 8:00 am) followed by a talk by Rep Steve Russell and then our EAA Chapter will be doing YE flights. There will likely be several RV aircraft there and even more RV builders and owners. This is an excellent time and place to become connected to the OKC RV community and ask questions. Hope to see you there.

I also strongly encourage you to either drive or fly down to Northwest Regional (52F) (about an hour and a half drive distance from Altus) and visit with the folks there - especially Walt Aronow at Experimental Aircraft Services. No one knows RVs better than Walt (he?d also be a great person to do your prebuy when the time comes). I bet 52F has at least a dozen RV aircraft hangared there. Good luck!

Back