What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear stick and infinity grip

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me the lenght of their stick in the rear seat please. Thos ethat have an infinity grip that is. Looking for the distance from the bottom of the stick to the bottom of the infinity grip bottom.

Thanks.

Don

My rear stick has 3/8" clearance from the top/front of the Infinity grip to the back of the front seat with full down elevator. This happens to end up at a rib on the seat back. From the bottom of the Infinity grip to the pivot centre line is 5 7/8" and 10" to the bottom end of the stick. The ruler pictures are a little fuzzy but show where I measured

Rear%20Stick%203_zpstubdmu7m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rear%20Stick%205_zpsupxacada.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rear%20Stick%206_zpsdwl9fnm6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've been holding off on first flight until the weather improves. I'm a little reluctant to be doing the first flight and breaking in the engine at the same time when its really cold. This weekend looks good though and we're shooting to get it done then. If it happens I'll be posting something. Video if I can figure it out.

Don
Make it significantly shorter then the front seat stick. You want to have more power then your passenger. After a couple of overcontrol incidents from the back seat I never take my hand off the front stick until I know the skill set of the back seat guy.

Don
Make it significantly shorter then the front seat stick. You want to have more power then your passenger. After a couple of overcontrol incidents from the back seat I never take my hand off the front stick until I know the skill set of the back seat guy.

Exactly correct. I take another step with unknown passengers where I remove the rear stick all together.

Carl

Back