What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Google photo app post from iphone

bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
Has anybody figured out how to post a Google photo from your iPhone app to VAF?

I can do it from my laptop just can?t figure out if it?s possible from my Google photos app from my iPhone.

On my IPhone 7 I changed the settings for my camera to save photos as jpeg rather than the standard Apple high efficiency format. You can google the instructions for your iPhone model if not a 7.

Very easy.

-Go to google
-Click on the picture icon
-Click on the upload icon
-Select pictures from your phone. (You may have to allow google access to your phone)
-Once pics are uploaded, select the folder you want them in.

In the Google Photos app go to the photo and tap the share button (square with an arrow pointing up). Then Tap "Share a link", it looks like a chain, and you might need to scroll to the right of the share sheet. Now you have the url copied and ready to be pasted.

In the Google Photos app go to the photo and tap the share button (square with an arrow pointing up). Then Tap "Share a link", it looks like a chain, and you might need to scroll to the right of the share sheet. Now you have the url copied and ready to be pasted.

I don’t think that will work, I’ll try it here:

MbohJPgXc4X5H2t2A

Here is the link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i6dwinKPTV6jszUK6

Last edited:
Very easy.

-Go to google
-Click on the picture icon
-Click on the upload icon
-Select pictures from your phone. (You may have to allow google access to your phone)
-Once pics are uploaded, select the folder you want them in.

Not what I?m asking for. I want to go to the google Photos app on my phone, select a picture to share here in a post and then select the little picture icon to post the picture. I can?t make it show up from my phone.

Workaround

The only way I have found is to follow this workflow:
1. Go to google photos on a browser (chrome)
2. Find the photo and open it in google photos. You should see the share button on the top right - don?t use this. This just links to the album and you can?t embed a photo on the forum using this link.
3. Instead, push and hold on the photo until the menu appears and then select ?open image?.
4. This will open the photo in a browser window and the address in the address bar is the **permanent** link you can use to embed a photo here.

** this is kind of permanent. Not all users will be able to see it for geographical reasons (or somebthing) and I think it can expire. Not sure how long you get. But enough to use for a discussion etc. Maybe some google experts can explain this part as I am not sure.

As a test - here is an embedded photo...

Holding breath:
n2jQxbv_9zNpu1ePk0BHHcu3DaNW5XBcdhUGaIgJmzpqeTPWK3vCFOsj6bNXJLrhdW89E-zAYEwxb8vE_HvPIdW9mnHj-nYKeDBB2dZJ4IHBdc1JDbOhmefO7Go4Ifo2nR1mM-AWBNlMj-gvwz_pUkykztraZ_BMV1fAH-A8nE8t_rj3PLqTGZRDN4kvfkG9Z1SkrHwD5EwRdQkxKHMRPwzm5rOn2wnyzTtjLQqv-ELMHpVj5EfuScJMVT4JUa16zJUWrMLeEwo0hPWEJMfz-hjby7RG2Nnd4FM4g4TUJzQ18pw7pJj4hrR18W5HeQ7mDWTrfR7KCYlTTq7IkwMw04vFww_wMGK_PfDaAsgzIfZ_GLth7HEBb7LI2Xu_JPd_KMaLVKs4daq2rP1DXy9EJXNdjSZ1MXefM5gfE1qKimYASITAEYOa2kv2pugHcI-4XdMQNCapAsv91D_YdDSGzKeVItj1YqkNeM7rcrhAw6yicYk7jx83pKNVnvQsWB4PvMpQKG3ONqtiarpuOEAwUOF5kWQxmCkIuLtYKtUgbaTIWJMwV6HoTHuOg3VbxgCpKDqUL85zoM_wp68VfsyYehRM9__Oyhdurlbm7qmpmF1nGGq1HkPGHoRUr478M5gA0urcjrhVFVTrTiBCxFHo32_Cnybk2EDMlB7--VVXvOUw88pcRfuEmoQSu3qR_KeCetxtA-6GPz6ej1zc9g=w750-h1000-no

Back