What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

confusion on wheel pant construction

riobison

Well Known Member
Last year I had bought the Grey looking wheel pants from Vans for my RV 4.

So, I?m needing to confirm what type they are for the Resin compatibility. Polyester, vinyl, epoxy?

And then I bought the brake fairings that are a semi clear from else where. Will they still bond to the wheel pants?

Thanks

Tim

Probably not epoxy, but the good news is that epoxy will stick to any of the possibilities. So just use epoxy for assembly.

Last year I had bought the Grey looking wheel pants from Vans for my RV 4.

So, I’m needing to confirm what type they are for the Resin compatibility. Polyester, vinyl, epoxy?

And then I bought the brake fairings that are a semi clear from else where. Will they still bond to the wheel pants?

Thanks

Tim

You can bond epoxy to the cured gray composite parts in Vans kit. Sand the gray stuff with 120grit before you bond new fiberglass+epoxy on top of it so the new epoxy has some place to bite into. I think the Vans stuff is made of polyester resin from the smell of the sanding dust. However, once the old resin has fully cured, you can put other resin system on top of it.

Last edited:
Back