What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RAM Engines, South Carolina - any pi-reps?

MacPara

Well Known Member
Looking for help to convert a EJ257 Subaru engine into an aircraft engine I came across http://www.ramengines.com/. They used to be located in Ohio and moved to SC around 2010.
Has anyone heard anything about their Subaru conversions or maybe even has first-hand experience???
Please, please, please, I really just want to know if anyone had any experience with THIS company and THEIR engines. As compelling as it might be, please refrain from commenting on Subarus in aircraft and Egg stories and such. :D

Ram Engines Info.?

Looking for help to convert a EJ257 Subaru engine into an aircraft engine I came across http://www.ramengines.com/. They used to be located in Ohio and moved to SC around 2010.
Has anyone heard anything about their Subaru conversions or maybe even has first-hand experience???
Please, please, please, I really just want to know if anyone had any experience with THIS company and THEIR engines. As compelling as it might be, please refrain from commenting on Subarus in aircraft and Egg stories and such. :D

If your research finds anything out, please update us on that data!

Doug
RV-3A, O-290"G" (Alt. Eng.) Sold
RV-9A, Mazda 13B/FWF

My recollection is they primarily delt with hotroding EA 81.....The EJ 25 is 150 -175 stock.I have stock 03 legacy that I redid upper end and have dealt w Ross @ SDS, They have been supplying ECU and related for 20 years ! I also have PRSU from Air trikes,as well as 3 blade prop,have not flown due to weather(high winds) ,but taxi testing will put you back in seat and scare you ! ! Only things I would change if money allowed: lite weight intake manifold, light weight exhaust manifold .I am computer challenged,don't know what airplane you want to Install suby, but feel free to contact by my email, [email protected] and I. Can forward photos or text 845 464 6328 to see if available to chat .....Tom

Back