What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Special Thanks to Team AeroDynamix

TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
A sad situation turned out very cool for me this weekend. With the cancellation of the Boshears Air Show in Augusta, Ga this weekend, Team AeroDynamix had an off weekend. Sad, but since these guys love to fly, they decided to have a "practice", and fly anyway. I was invited up to Gold Hill, NC to watch these professionals have fun. I thought. The fun was getting stuffed into the back seat seat of Jerry "Widget" Morris' RV8 for some "playtime". (Remember "Top Gun', where Goose asks Maverick if that was his idea of having fun?). Well seeing it up close and personal is unbelievable. "Widget" is so cool, like this is no big deal. Yeah, it really is.
The teams preparation is second to none, and is a reflection on Mike "Kahuna" Stewart, the founder and flight lead. For a guy that builds hoses for these planes, its sometimes easy to take it for granted how serious they are about what they do. If you haven't seen them, you owe it to yourself to do so.
Maybe better than that, was the hospitality shown by the entire team towards us, lead by Mike and Amy Stewart. Its real people like this that makes getting involved with this Team fun.
To everyone involve with Team AeroDynamix, thank you again for a really cool experience!!
Tom

For a guy that builds hoses for these planes, its sometimes easy to take it for granted how serious they are about what they do.

Tom

So they took an engineer/designer of a critical part of their airplanes for a ride? Smart are those Aerodynamixists no wonder your hoses are of superb quality :) I had a privilege to meet Kahuna himself couple years ago. A man of outstanding hospitality.

Vlad--LOL--UH-- Widget had already test flown the hoses :D--
But you know what--its great to that these guys REALLY test stuff thoroughly, and from a vendor standpoint, there isnt any better way to get great feedback for product improvement, or new ideas. Many of those we are working on now.
Tom

Vlad--LOL--UH-- Widget had already test flown the hoses :D--
But you know what--its great to that these guys REALLY test stuff thoroughly, and from a vendor standpoint, there isnt any better way to get great feedback for product improvement, or new ideas. Many of those we are working on now.
Tom

Isn't that the truth... :D

I also have flown in the backseat, voluntarily. I was briefed and heard that Widget and CB were going to video some "missed/botched joins" for an upcoming formation clinic.....sounded like not a big deal to a non-formation pilot. It was impressive how they fly, communicate, and ensure safety margins. It is also impressive how big my eyes :eek: can get and the fact that the RV-8's roll bar has no finger imprints. The second missed join was more comfortable but equally impressive.

Back