What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Servo Installation

drone_pilot

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I sent my RSA-5 fuel servo and flow divider to Airflow Performance for evaluation/overhaul. I have a Lycoming IO360-A1A. My question comes when re-installing the servo on the sump. I have new gaskets coming but would like to know the right way to prepare the mating surfaces and also whether I need to apply any goop to the gaskets when installing. If so, what kind of goop should I use. :eek:)

Thanks as Always!

Ben

Confirm with Don

I'd confirm with Don, but this came up recently and there were a lot of good ideas from dry, to vaseline, to other gasket sealers. It's a low pressure area so there shouldn't be a need for much to keep it sealed.

I will need to send my RSA into Don soon too. Please share the outcome of the inspection / overhaul / rebuild with us.

Thanks,
Andrew

I will need to send my RSA into Don soon too. Please share the outcome of the inspection / overhaul / rebuild with us.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I had the entire system flow tested and overhauled. They provided a list of all parts replaced which was very lengthy. I contacted Don with some questions and he was very patient to answer everything. I give them very high marks! I still have some engine issues which I just put in another post, but it?s not injection related this time. My engine hot idles better than it ever has too!

Ben

Back