What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

In need of classroom wall bling

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Good day everyone. I had to change classrooms this year and am also adding Industrial Arts classes. Long story short I now have 3 classroom areas that are in need of some wall bling. Does anyone have posters or just cool airplane stuff that they wouldn't mind donating? I would pay for shipping of course.

Might be a good time to clear out that spot in the hangar or your basement for that next airplane project. :D

Thank you all!

I just ordered a replacement VFR wall planning poster which will come in a mailing tube - I'll send you my old one, give me a mailing address.

Russian VFR chart

I have a Russian VFR chart I used for flight planning. Could cover a couple sqare feet of a classroom wall. Excellent paper quality. Let me know the address if you want it. Could add an Australian sectional just not sure which one.

Guys that kind of stuff would be perfect! Ill send you a pm a little later today.

State resources

You might also consider some state aeronautical charts. I know Texas will a happily send you one (or more) if you ask. Looks like Wyoming does the same, though it requires a phone call.

Happy decorating!

EDIT: by the way, order 2 of the Texas ones if you want to show the whole state at once. They print front and back.

Last edited:
You might also consider some state aeronautical charts. I know Texas will a happily send you one (or more) if you ask. Looks like Wyoming does the same, though it requires a phone call.

Happy decorating!

EDIT: by the way, order 2 of the Texas ones if you want to show the whole state at once. They print front and back.

What a great idea! I will look into that for sure. I'm thinking a wall of maps like this would be cool.

I have a Puerto Rico, a Florida, a Georgia and a South Carolina VFR wall maps if you want them. PM your address and I will send them to you. I may have a North Carolina map but not sure.

:cool:

Good day everyone. I had to change classrooms this year and am also adding Industrial Arts classes. Long story short I now have 3 classroom areas that are in need of some wall bling. Does anyone have posters or just cool airplane stuff that they wouldn't mind donating? I would pay for shipping of course.

Might be a good time to clear out that spot in the hangar or your basement for that next airplane project. :D

Thank you all!

Hi Jereme,
If you need some NASA bling, and since you are an educator, I encourage you to contact the Educator Resource Center at the UW campus in Laramie. Here's the link. Of course their primary resouces are teaching curricula and lesson plans, etc., but they also have quite a variety of posters, pins and so forth. While most of it is Space related, some of it does have to do with Aeronautics. Some of the material is available by mail.

NASA has Educator Resource Centers set up all across the country to provide educational resources for K-12 educators in every state. The Home Page is at this link.

Hoping this will assist you.

P.S. Looking at the map, I notice that another NASA Educator Resource Center is located at Black Hill State University in Spearfish, SD which is about the same distance away as Laramie. Of course if you are going to use the mail, UW would be your logical choice.

Last edited:
Guys and gals thanks for all of your generosity! I have a fair amount of maps and posters offered up. I will certainly take a picture when finished and show you all what I came up with. Thank you as well for the useful links that were provided. It looks like my students are also going to get to know the Vlad stories as well!

I have 4 reproduction Oshkosh AeroShell posters I can put in a tube and mail. You need a couple of flying cows!

It may be a little cost to you, but if ou can post an email address, I have a couple cool RV-4 diagrams that I had scanned and can send. They are about 4$ to print at office depo. If you have a pay pal account attached to the email, I'll even put some money on it and pay for you to print.

X

It may be a little cost to you, but if ou can post an email address, I have a couple cool RV-4 diagrams that I had scanned and can send. They are about 4$ to print at office depo. If you have a pay pal account attached to the email, I'll even put some money on it and pay for you to print.

X

I will PM you with my email address. Believe it or not my uncle actually owns a print shop in town so I get it all free! (well actually I service his furnace and change his filters for him but it's worth it)

Back