What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spar to Rib under fuel tank skin rivet call out

mill2978

Well Known Member
I'm working on my wings and just riveted the leading edges on, I'm now fitting the tanks.

There are a hand full of rivets that hold the top and bottom flange of the wing ribs to the spar under the fuel tank skin. I can't seem to find the rivet call out for these. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Aaron

Rivet Length

Brother Aaron
If you ad your spar flange and rib you get .090 plus 1.5 for additional rivet length, .141 and you get .231 which equals 3.70 for length.:) I went with 3.5 as the 4 was just a smidge too long. You get a nice shop head with the 3.5.
Hope this helps
Oh and I used my little red avery tool and it confirms my measurements. Little short or little long I usually prefer the shorter rivet. Less chance of getting a tipper.

Last edited:
Brother Aaron
If you ad your spar flange and rib you get .090 plus 1.5 for additional rivet length, .141 and you get .231 which equals 3.70 for length.:) I went with 3.5 as the 4 was just a smidge too long. You get a nice shop head with the 3.5.
Hope this helps
Oh and I used my little red avery tool and it confirms my measurements. Little short or little long I usually prefer the shorter rivet. Less chance of getting a tipper.

Thanks, I came to the same conclusion of a 3.5 or 4 length rivet. Now this has me wondering what else isn't called out in the plans that I may have missed.

Back