What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

My RV6A on the ramp at Salt Lake City

sunsetu42insaltlakecityqz8.jpg

And then there is this one: Mine is the one above the pilot's joystick (with a red dot next to it, that's a tent) in the HBC area of Airventure 2006.

dscn1775gx9.jpg

How awesome to see it from the air at Airventure.

Now that is cool!!!

Keith, I think you out did all of us with that helicopter above shot at OSH as you included a good bunch of us/RV's in this photo! You cheated BTW with that non wing thing your in,,,, just kidding..

Great picture, keep the cool pics coming!!

It looks like everyone is loving the photos on this post so everyone keep them coming.

The Big Beaver and My RV-6

I started this post 8-28-07 and I thought that I'd start it back up and try to get some more pictures coming. Here's my latest pic taken at my home airport (K44) Beaver, Oklahoma. The Big Beaver in the background is holding a CowChip as Beaver, Ok is known as the World Championship Cowchip Throwing contest held annually. Some people passing through town think the Beaver is eating a big chocolate cookie but that's not the case. That Big Beaver makes my RV look like a toy!!! LOL!!

dsc00473h.jpg

Icy Sunset

Just after gassing up at Cambridge north of Minne. Froze my tukkas off on the ride home......

RV-9A%20KCBG.JPG

On a frozen lake deep inside the Norwegain mountains.

You can just see the RV as a little spot at a distance in the middle of this pic:

A closeup here:

The pics taken in mars last year when my wife and me spent the weekend in a mountain hotel and landed on the frozen lake nearby.

More info and pics in this tread:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=55622

Pete: a VERY NICE pic of your RV above! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
N92MB at KRMN/Stafford, Virginia

My favorite.
f2vgk1.jpg
>[/IMG]

Since moved to KELY, Ely, Nevada.

Last edited:
waiting for FAA before first flight
RV-7build1133.jpg

when I snapped this pic, it seemed she was saying, "come on already let's go, we can do the paperwork later!"

Not the most colorful (old print-film camera) but the 'coolness' factor is definitely there :D Rosie

B2.jpg

F-117A.jpg

U2.jpg

Last edited:
At Paine Field, WA

pict0043111.jpg

I tried to get on Vans calendar with this photo but it didn't work. Similar sized engines but the smaller hp one is faster!

img0073pw.jpg

Here is my current favorite picture taken in Oct. of 2010. She is now approaching 550 hrs.

Last edited:
Stopped at Valle AZ (40G) for fuel and shared the ramp with a few Planes of Fame warbirds. Got this photo as they were starting up to taxi out...

40G.jpg

--Paul

Blue Lion...

Now aren't you glad I nagged you into some pic's? Made front page news:cool:
That's a fun looking little 3 ya got there!!!

Here's N421RT parked on the ramp at Score Field (KLUM) in Menomonie, WI when a UH-60 helicopter came into the pattern and did some practice landings on the runway.

I couldn't resist taking a photo while it appeared directly over the RV-8.

img3732vp.jpg

I do not have a fancy background for my newly painted plane but I think Doug took some pretty fantastic pictures of it in front of Grady's shop. So, Here is one that I really like. Thanks Doug for the great picture(s).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

N42AH

Taken by my 8 year old grandson Joey on the ramp in Newberry, SC

DSC_0581.jpg

On the ramp at my hangar at Whiteplains Airpark SC99

dsc_0653.jpg

Last edited:
more

4 years of my dads hard work and my constant nagging. Scott Stewart's (DakotaHawk) RV-7

Early morning at Leadville.
1189.jpg

On the ground at Sloshkosh. WE DID IT!!!;)
1307.jpg

I love this shot, taken by Fred Gray at Smiths Falls, except for the fact that the Golden Hawks letter above the hawk's head were not yet on:

DSC_2400.jpg

The next one I took, after the extra text was added, with a much cheaper camera, and not quite as good light:

DSCF0957.jpg

I have used these pics

to raise the enthusiasm of my wife for "our" next airplane. It has certainly helped! She is into very "pretty" things, and these pics show some real works of art!

I like this one 'cause the kiddos are in it. At Taylor, gettin' ready to Race!

taylorpicwboys.jpg

Some beautiful airplanes in this thread! Beautiful locations and scenes too! My compliments!!

Cheers,
Bob

Back