What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GPS W/Skyview

N804RV

Well Known Member
Garmin GPS W/Skyview: Database Subscription?

You guys with Garmin navigators interfaced with Skyview displays, what database subscriptions do you have?

Last edited:
I just get the basic US nav database so I can be legal under IFR. I carry my ipad with foreflight so everything else I need is either there or on the SV

I just get the basic US nav database so I can be legal under IFR. I carry my ipad with foreflight so everything else I need is either there or on the SV
Same here. I now have the GARMIN subscription instead of JEPPESEN. Saved a few $$$ and the entire U.S. is included.

:cool:

Last edited:
That's what I do.

I've got the Seattle Avionics subscription (love the product - hate the delivery vehicle) for Skyview, and FlyGarmin downloads for the 430W.

So, that's the $299/yr for Garmin "US Navigation" database, the free basemap and terrain data from Dynon, and Foreflight for charts and plates?

So, that's the $299/yr for Garmin "US Navigation" database, the free basemap and terrain data from Dynon, and Foreflight for charts and plates?
Yup, but I use the free FltPlanGo app instead of Foreflight. That way I save the cost of a Foreflight subscription. Just $299 per year makes me "full" IFR legal.

:cool:

Back