What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Horizontal Stabilizer question

While drilling the HS-412 hinge brackets to the HS rear spar, my clamp gave way a little, shifted, and resulted in about a 3-4 degree shift off square. After doing a little research and playing with the bearings, I am thinking I am ok due to the amount of play in the bearing and the allowances in tolerances of the bearing, along with the ability to compensate when building the elevator spars. Am I off here in my line of thinking?

That should be fine. The important thing is the center line through brackets and bearings. Even there, you could probably live with up to 1/16" off. There is some flex in the spars.

Finn

While drilling the HS-412 hinge brackets to the HS rear spar, my clamp gave way a little, shifted, and resulted in about a 3-4 degree shift off square. After doing a little research and playing with the bearings, I am thinking I am ok due to the amount of play in the bearing and the allowances in tolerances of the bearing, along with the ability to compensate when building the elevator spars. Am I off here in my line of thinking?

Back