What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B failing some items on FAA Performance Report

SteveR

My newly-installed G3X system seemed to work fine in the air, I can see my complete/accurate track on flightaware. However the FAA report says the "NIC", "SIL" and "SDA" failed. Kinematics and other checks passed. The FAA PAPR User Guide says this could be a component software issue, or improper system configuration.

Is there a way to upload an image on the forum without a web link?

Likely a config problem. What are you using for a position source?

No way to post pictures without hosting them elsewhere and linking to them...

My newly-installed G3X system seemed to work fine in the air, I can see my complete/accurate track on flightaware. However the FAA report says the "NIC", "SIL" and "SDA" failed. Kinematics and other checks passed. The FAA PAPR User Guide says this could be a component software issue, or improper system configuration.

Is there a way to upload an image on the forum without a web link?
Hello Steve,

It is probably best to contact us directly and we should be able to get this sorted out pretty quickly. We do this a lot. As a bonus, it is much easier to attach images to an email.

As Brian said, we will want to ask you questions about the equipment you have installed and will want to see screen shots of the transponder configuration page and your PAPR report.

Thanks,
Steve

Or feel free to drop in the shop and I'd be happy to have a look, like noted above probably a config issue.
Side benefit, I can certify your xpdr at the same time.

Back