What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stewart Systems Priming Process

For those interested in the Stewart Systems Primer, I have video'd the methods I use to clean, etch and prime my interior parts using all Stewart Systems products. It is a very simple system to use, I am using the EkoPrime primer which is a 1 part primer not the 2 part primer so it won't be quite as durable as the 2 part primers (which they sell a version of as well) but certainly suffices for my purposes and is a much easier set up and clean up.

https://youtu.be/rgjXVCwV3V8

Like others-interested in the Stewart Systems as well. Nice description of the priming process. Do you have a part # or name for that 3M gun? Nice lid set-up as well.
Will be interested in your further comments on the system; hope to check them out at OSH.

Doug
Seattle area

Like others-interested in the Stewart Systems as well. Nice description of the priming process. Do you have a part # or name for that 3M gun? Nice lid set-up as well.
Will be interested in your further comments on the system; hope to check them out at OSH.

Doug
Seattle area

He put links in the description under the video. The accuspray is a nice system but you'll also need to pick up the PPS cups to go with it. You're looking at ~$300 to get started. The PPS 2.0 is a great system and saves on cleanup even with a regular gun.

It's right at $2/session to use the PPS cups vs regular measuring cups for ~$0.50 plus filters at ~$0.20. But cleanup goes from 5-10 min down to 1-2.

I've sprayed Stuart Systems on fabric. It's very very different than solvent born paint. Neither better nor worse. Just different. It was closer to spraying clear than anything else I've sprayed.

The PPS disposable things are available for other spray guns as well. For those, you'll need an adapter. The adapters are made for a large number of different guns.

I understand that it's similar to the DeKups system.

Dave

Back