What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 EFI

rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
Andrew Shay in Australia sent me some photos of his new EFI install on his -12.
He says it's running more smoothly than the carbs ever did. Synch problems are eliminated for good.

Hopefully we'll see some performance numbers in the future.

Andrew fabbed the manifold using some of our older kit parts and 45mm throttle body.

We are working on a new 912 EFI kit now with prototype parts being machined this week. Stay tuned.

Ross -

Do you know if Andrew needed to make any modifications to the RV-12's upper cowling to accommodate the EFI?

This thread will be one to keep a close eye on for those of us not thrilled with the float issues the carbs on the 912 have been experiencing.

As far as I know, no cowling mods were done. More info might be a little slow in coming as the airplane will move a couple thousand km away soon so Andrew will be busy in his new home for a bit.

Many people have been tired of the carbs on these engines for a long time now. We've been selling EFI for the 912s for over a decade now in various forms: http://sdsefi.com/rotax.htm

I should be posting some photos of the new system parts by the middle of this month and hope to begin testing on an engine in July.

If there is sufficient interest from RV-12 owners, we may develop some more dedicated parts to make installation easier.

Back