What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fort Dodge, Iowa (KFOD)

N64GH

Well Known Member
Patron
Has anyone ever "RON" at Fort Dodge? 

I stopped there once a couple years ago to trouble shoot a problem. Fixed my problem then got some fuel and a hot dog. The local EAA chapter (I think it was EAA) has a "pit stop" set up for folks on the way to OSH and AirVenture. Nice place but I did not check on hotel or transportation information. I was was meeting Gary Sobek at another airport and wanted to get going. Any way planning this years OSH trip I was throwing around the idea of overnighting at KFOD and was wondering if anyone had any experience there?

Been a few times, always for Couch Freaks (skydiving event). Last time was probably more than 10 years ago though. Hotels in town were decent and reasonably close to the airport. Never met the EAA folks on the field but it sounds like a great place to stop on the way to Osh. Watch out for Labor Day weekend though - there'll be many hundreds of skydivers camping on the field and at least 20-40 in the air at all times.

Back