What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

flying out of Manassas

n348pb

I just arrived in Manassas VA to visit my son and family and am looking for ideas for close flying destinations/site seeing as they want to go for a ride while I am here. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tangier Island, Williamburg

Take them east to Tangier Island (KTGI) for the world's best crab cakes. From Manassas, fly south to Fredericksburg, then southeast down the Rapahanic River to the Chesepeake Bay. Then go due east to the island in the middle of the Bay. Stay in contact with Pax River Approach to make sure the restricted areas are cold.

On Saturday or Sunday, fly them about 1 hour south to Williamsburg-Jamestown Airport (KJG1G) for homemade bread and pies. Fly over the Yorktown battlefield, Colonial Williamsburg, and the Jamestown settlement.

Flying Circus Aerodrome (3VA3)

If you are going to be here on Sunday....you ought to visit the Flying Circus (3VA3). They have a great show from about 2-5pm. Next to Warrenton Airport (HWY).

http://www.flyingcircusairshow.com/

If you are going with a group of folks its a little over 20miles west of Manassas. If you are able to fit all in the plane then call and get permission to fly-in prior to the Circus starting!

Flying!

If you get down that far in Virginia, it's not that much farther to Kittyhawk. Easy in an RV!

Back