What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun & Fun specials??

larrys

Well Known Member
Building an RV-14A and looking to buy the 390 engine and hartzell blended foil prop which should be the ones recommended by Van's for the 14. Usually Sun & Fun is the seasons first show where discounts / bundled deals show up. Does anyone have a clue of what the specials would be?
Thanks, Larry

Do you have to be at the show to take advantage of any specials? If and when announced at the can one buy directly from the manufacturer and receive the same discount,if,purchased during the show?

Do you have to be at the show to take advantage of any specials? If and when announced at the can one buy directly from the manufacturer and receive the same discount,if,purchased during the show?

Hopefully someone knows,
I will be at the show because we have a booth selling hangars next to Schweiss doors. So if I can help you, let me know. I assume you are building a 14 also?
Larry

Van's usually runs the Sun n Fun engine & prop specials for the entire month of April. You can give them a call but normally they don't announce the particulars until show time. You do not have to attend SnF to qualify. When I tried to place an order at the show 2 years ago they told me to place the order through the normal Van's channels. I would recommend ordering earlier than later as they seem to get quite a backlog during the show. Someone mentioned that Lycoming lead times are running in excess of 6 months. I saved around 3K by ordering my engine and prop together. Engine was discounted $1500, buy prop and engine together and save another $1000 and free shipping and long term preservation was also thrown in, that's another $500.

Last edited:
Back