What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New joiner

High_Flyer

Well Known Member
Hello everyone,
Although I've registered a few month ago and have benefited a lot from all of your posts, this is my 1st attempt here...
Who am I? Alain Van Severen, 43 years old, living in eastern France .
I'm flying a Boeing 744 to pay the bills and feed my family, but that's boring so I've decided to build a RV7 for real fun.
- Tip Up canopy (because it looks sooo cool ;-)
- Mission will be day VFR (only possible certification in France for kitplanes)
- Aerosport IO375 with CS prop
- EFIS, GPS, Xpndr, VHF
- VP-X
- BUILD IT AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE

I've finished the VS, HS rudder and elevators. Here is a picture of it:
P1040296.jpg

A few mistakes in the process, a few rivets I had to drill out, 2 trim tabs, but overall no major hurdles.
Now working on the wings.
Thanks a lot to the webmaster for a great website, and to all of you for all the infos that can be found in all the posts.
Alain

Welcome to VAF belatedly, and congrats on your first well done post. Photos, completed emp, excellent.

Great shop, plenty storage. It looks like you have a plan. Welcome to obsession Alain.

Is that a coal heater in the corner?

Alain,

WElcome to the crowd at VANS AIRFORCE, Yep it is a good group who will help you when the trouble comes.

Were slightly ahead of you in the build... just assembling the first tank now as I am building both wings together. I was hesitant to build the tank by my self and did a lot of the other items like building the pushrods, finishing up all the skins but since no one was free and I had to get this thing in gear again, I enlisted the help of my wife to come and help. What a sticky mess that pro seal is... but all is coming well.

See you on the board in the future.
Welcome again.
Smilin' Jack
Cumming, Georgia

Thanks

Thank you all for a warm welcome.
Yes, I'll keep posting pictures from time to time, but I'm sure I'll have many more posts asking questions... And I'll post pictures again in this one to get used to it ;-)

My workshop is a double garage (5 X 10 meters or about 16 by 33 Ft) in the back of my property that I've renovated, insulated, painted and with good lighting.
Here is the garage:
P1030872.jpg

I had to bring the middle wall down to maximise space:
P1030884.jpg

Lots of space but I don't think I'll be able to mate the wings in there.
Heating is by an old wood heater found in a scrapyard, plus a portable gas heater. Brings the place to 15?c in about 1hr in the coldest days of winter which rarely goes below freezing here. You can see the heater on the right of this picture:
AtelierPano.jpg

On the floor the empenage kit in the boxes. Since this picture was taken I've added shelfs and moved the old sofa to another place, but it's still in the workshop, it's a very important item in there ;-) I still have to find an old fridge to store the beers! I now have lots of storage place, but I have to share the space with my motorbike and lots of other stuff like BBQ gear, summer garden furniture when not in use, etc. I'll probably move all that stuff elsewhere when I need to, except for the bike, as the plane has priority, of course ;-)

Take care and fly safe,
Alain.

Welcome to the motley crew. This is a great place to waste good building time. :) As you've already seen there is a wealth of wonderful information found here and Doug keeps this a great place to visit.

Back