What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-10 Builders in Northern NJ?

cderk

Well Known Member
Just ordered my empennage kit and will be starting the build process soon. Any other RV10 builders in Northern NJ/Southern NY area?

Charlie

RV-10 Builder in Kinnelon NJ

Hello Charlie. I am near you and ised to work in Woodcliff Lake. Please Check your PM. Welcome to the group.

Sizing up the wife.

Reading through some of the posts and am surprised to see a few kits being built so close to Ridgewood NJ.
I wouldn't say I'm in the market but definitely interested to explore the option.
Read somewhere in here that there's a way to do a demo flight with an east coast representative.. Anyone done this ?

There is a very nice RV10 at Sussex airport. Recently completed took many many years to build. I've met the owner at Sky Acres we briefly exchanged compliments and went our ways. It was a windy and busy weekend at their fuel pump. FrankD is an active builder at Somerset and always ready to help. There is at least one more in your woods but he is not on this board. Welcome Paul!

Reading through some of the posts and am surprised to see a few kits being built so close to Ridgewood NJ.
I wouldn't say I'm in the market but definitely interested to explore the option.
Read somewhere in here that there's a way to do a demo flight with an east coast representative.. Anyone done this ?

Van's East Coast Rep is based out of St Mary's, Maryland (2W6).

My wife and I just flew down there on Oct 31st to take a demo flight in their demo RV-10 (N220RV).

I contacted Mitch, more details here: http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/contact.htm#east

and we arranged a time to meet up.

We took an approx. 15-20 minute flight.
Afterwards, Mitch spent another hour or so answering questions about the build process, etc... All in all, it was a great experience.

I'm planning on buying the tail kit in February after I get some projects done around the house, not to mention I need to get my garage converted into a workshop.

There is a very nice RV10 at Sussex airport. Recently completed took many many years to build. I've met the owner at Sky Acres we briefly exchanged compliments and went our ways. It was a windy and busy weekend at their fuel pump. FrankD is an active builder at Somerset and always ready to help. There is at least one more in your woods but he is not on this board. Welcome Paul!

I've been to Sussex a few times. There is an avionics guy up there who has done work on my archer. I'll have to take a trip to somerset. I'm currently exploring options as far as where to hangar the thing when done. Most places around here have long waiting lists, so maybe if I start now, one will be available in a few years when I'm done.

Back