What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Panel Instrument Progress

SteinAir

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

I know many of you have been in contact with me/us directly or with Vans regarding panel options for the RV-14. To that end, I though I'd take a quick moment to at least post some progress pictures of what we're doing here. Most are already aware we provide many of the wire harnesses for the rest of your kits, but we've also been working with Vans and Garmin to put together some panel package options that will plug right into the rest of the wiring in your plane and make it both easy on your wallet and easy for installation!

I can't speak to all the details (mainly because we just don't have them all yet), but suffice to say there will be some attractively priced options of packages from simple VFR to high end IFR.

Also, as several of you are aware we're also working on options for the DIY'er and international customers. We are working on the Garmin version of the panel packages, and since Dynon/AFS are doing their own I'm sure they will be able to post some information as to their offerings as well as speaking to their own offerings.

Anyway, as you can see there is still a lot to be done, but this particular panel is for one of the Vans factory airplanes, so obviously it has a lot of stuff in it as it will be a demonstrator. Some may choose more, but some may choose less (and as I mentioned there are going to be a variety of packages available with varying configurations and varying prices) to order directly from Vans. Many details yet to work out, and I certainly can't speak to a definitive date that these will be released or to pricing, but suffice to say progress is ongoing and I though you'd like to see what is happening. Note that is a stock RV-14 panel, stock forward fuselage structure with no modifications to either the stock panel or the structure.

Lastly, these were just some quick pictures I took with my phone so they aren't the best in the world (we're obviously better at avionics than photography)! :)

Cheers,
Stein

img.JPG

rv146.JPG

rv144.JPG

rv145.JPG

rv143.JPG

rv147.JPG

rv142.JPG

Awesome work... This is almost exactly how my panel will look. Few slight mods but very similar hardware.

Have you gone with a single AHRS unit or dual? and Where did you place the magnetometer? or plan to?

Back